50

*Harry*

I chose Sophia because she least of all appealed to me and she wasn't interested in anyone but her husband. She was a woman with her own opinions, and he was strong as a person. She remembered a little about me. The day I was hanging with her to the ultrasound, I was grateful that she didn't show the same interest as I did. After all, it wasn't her child, it was Nialls and my little child she was carrying.

"Yes, it looks good." the doctor said, and smiled at me. "You and your husband will really get a busy little guy."

I got big eyes.

"Can you see that...?"

He laughed and pointed at the screen.

"There's the hands, legs, face, butt, and I think that's a small penis. I can't say that with certainty, but it looks like a little guy."

Would I be happy? Maybe I wanted a girl? Yet my smile become big and I stared at the screen.

"And everything's there, I mean, he got everything he need and everything as he need to have?"

Sophia sighed a little, but she did begrudge me a smile.

"Believe me, that baby's completely healthy."

I giggled a little.

"Can I get pictures?"

The doctor nodded. He wrote out the ultrasound images and gave them to me.

"And you can tell Niall that there's more. When it comes to these kinds of pregnancies, we make sure to follow them up."

Sophia nodded and looked straight at me.

"We're going to see the doctor once a week and come here once a month and..."

I snorted.

"I suspected already that there's much to be done." I chose to smile at her. "And yes, I have promised to accompany you to all the meetings."

She nodded quietly.

"Yes, I don't want you to come afterwards and tell me hat I did something wrong."

I looked at the photos. I saw a small upturned nose and small hands. Yes, it was a little baby and he would get bigger.

****

Those ultrasound pictures went up on the wall, framed. Yes, we hung them in the hall where everyone could see them. My mom loved them and my sister looked forward to being aunt. It was as if everyone was gathered around the images.

"And it's a boy?" asked Nialls mom Maura, as though she didn't see the snippet. I pointed to the place where the doctor had pointed.

"He said it's a guy."

She smiled a little bit.

"But you can't really know?"

Niall laughed.

"No, Mom, we can't be sure, but I'm happy just the baby coming out and doing well."

I nodded and agreed with him.

"And he has all Nialls genes."

Maura just smiled at me.

"Then you get a mischievous little child. Niall was all over the place when he was little.  A more mischievous kid, wasn't there."

Niall rolled his eyes, but I liked it.

"Yes, I get two mischievous boys to take care of."

He growled a little.