29

* From Harry's point of view *

Christmas Eve and we would go home to Nialls parents. It felt throughout the body and it was as if I were a child again. Never before had I loved this day as mush as right now. In the past, I hadn't been able to account for weekends. I worked on Christmas Eve and it was always something that needed to be arranged. Therefore, it was years since I had given presents to people or even eating Christmas dinner. My mom had tried, so long as I lived at home, to have traditions, but after I moved away was Christmas Eve, just as any other day of the year.

Okay, I had wanted to buy a red shirt and green tie to both of us. You know, Christmas Eve colors?  But I knew that Niall still thought that such things were exaggerated. I put on a plain white shirt, black stylish pants and a blue blazer. Niall chose the same colors, but his jacket was striped. He smiled with satisfaction to me, and he nodded.

"You look good in those clothes." he said kindly. "Not too much colors and just right."

I sighed.

"And why must we be so common?"

Niall laughed.

"Harry, you can't wear shirts as look like colorful palettes constantly."

I frowned and followed him into the kitchen. We took out the food we had prepared and we ate in silence. I looked down at my wrist. Yes, I had been overjoyed by Nialls  surprise. A necklace and a bracelet in gold. They were a little thinner towards those that I had given to Niall, but for me, they were perfect. Niall had on those that I had given to him, and I noticed that he wore them with pride. Sometimes I wondered why I made that choice in Majorca. Yet I couldn't more than understand that my subconscious knew more than I could dream about. Never before had I put money on things to men, no, I had, at most, perhaps given my sister something on her birthday and that was all.

"You're quiet?"

I looked up and met Nialls wonderful blue eyes. I smiled and actually this was such a morning, when the silence was needed.

"I'm thinking."

Niall frowned.

"And what do we think about thinking?"

I laughed, because it was I who once had learned Niall not to think about everything. Today I was changed and I loved to think, dream and imagine.

"I just sat and realized that I was clever in Majorca. I knew you'd be in my life."

Niall raised his eyebrows and he looked at my face carefully.

"Really?" He smiled mockingly. "If I'm not wrong you weren't exactly smart. You went home without me?"

I blushed a little and looked down on the food.

"Yes, but I have apologized for that?"

Niall laughed and stood up.

"Coffee?"

I nodded. I followed him with my eyes. He was mine, yes Niall was just mine and no one could even think about the idea to take him from me. I watched as he came back with two cups.

"We usually eat around three o'clock at my parents place." he changed the subject. "And if Greg and his family do come over, we might have to stay a while longer."

I nodded. Yes, that's the tradition. I wanted to do exactly what they did.

"Sounds just fine to my ears."

Niall looked at me in surprise and put a cup in front of me. He stood beside me and sipped at his coffee.

"And when we get home, we have our own package opening?"