49

We were approved, as a couple who both could adopt or choose surrogate. Yes, they were looking at our the economy, where we lived, made a home visits and a lot of things that I wasn't ready for, but Harry didn't mind. Rather, he was almost amused by all the things that happened.

"So you knew it was going to be like this?"

He kissed me and held up the paper, which said that we passed the tests.

"Yes, we're perfect darling." he smiled at me. "What did you expect? We have money, we have a good home and we're two wonderful men. The child can laugh out of happiness."

I frowned.

"But children need guidance and love?"

He nodded.

"And you're good at that."

I'm snorted.

"You're also the parent?"

Harry smiled and he nodded at me. He thought a little about it all and cocked his head.

"Here's how I plan it. You're the mother, because you're the strict one. I'm the father and I can play with the baby and have a lot of fun."

I sighed and I felt hopeless.

"So if you're such person, then I don't want to have children with you."

He giggled and walked over to me. He put his hands around my face and smiled right into my soul.

"Niall, I know I don't look like a good father, yet, but I also know that we'll solve everything."

I swallowed.

"But we must both be on the same level?"

He nodded.

"I promise you, when our children grow up, I'll also grow up. Parents aren't born on trees and you have to learn to be that. You don't know in advance what the child requires of you, but when he or she is here, then, we know what to do. Why worry about in advance?"

He then released my face and looked quickly at the clock.

"And we have to go now."

I frowned.

"Go? Where?"

He laughed.

"In about one hour we'll be in a parents group for gays and those like us." He giggled a little. "I took the opportunity to call Tom, who takes care of it all and he said we were warmly welcomed."

I got big eyes. Okay, that wasn't expected, not from him.

"You mean we're going to go to a meeting with parents?"

He nodded and looked down at my clothes.

"Darling, go and change clothes."

I realized he was right. I wore a pair of old jeans and I didn't want anyone to look down at me. I ran up to the bedroom and quickly got on a couple of common jeans. I changed into a plaid shirt and I straightened my hair. Okay, I wasn't ready, but at the same time, I didn't want to  miss the chance. Maybe Harry would now understand the seriousness of being a parent?

****

In the room there were crowded with prams. There were chairs everywhere and immediately I sensed that you got to sit exactly where you wanted. There were men with children and women with children, all kinds of people. Harry held my hand tightly and I saw a change in him. He toned himself down and he became quiet. We greeted Tom, an elderly white-haired man who really needed to lose weight. He stood at the front and he seemed to be one that wanted to lead and make everyone feel good.