26

The days before Christmas Eve found did Harry take me to a church, or rather, it was a small place that was on the coast. It was a large room and I didn't understand what he meant. He laughed and waved his arms around us.

"It's perfect." he said firmly. "We can get married by a priest in this room and stay here all night and party? We're close to the sea and because it's summer when we do it, maybe some want to swim?"

I frowned and I looked around. It looked like an old barn, but totally exhausted from stuff. I didn't like the idea.

"So why shouldn't we get married in a church?"

Harry gulped and he blushed a little.

"If I say like this, all the churches aren't exactly happy in gays. I found a priest and he has been trying to get hold of a church that allows us, but we haven't found any."

My eyes slid over Harry. What?

"But Ireland is known to be open for all?"

He nodded.

"Well, according to the papers, yeah, but in practice I don't know what they're thinking." He walked up to me and now he was serious. "We have two choices, we bribe a church with money, so that we get married there. Or we will find a place like this and make the best of it all?"

I swallowed.

"So no church?"

Harry frowned.

"I'm not eager to spend money on bribes. I don't want to have that in mind when I thinking back on our wedding day."

He had a point. I assumed that he had also was right in saying that it was better to find something else.

"But not here!" I quickly and precisely got forward in response. "Not in this barn or whatever it is."

He nodded, and he caught up my face between his hands.

"Not here." He knew I was serious. "But we have to find a place soon. We have to reserve a place and make sure everything goes as planned."

I gulped and nodded. He had really an eye on the smallest detail. He could show up at work only to ask if I liked blue or pink, or if I preferred green. There were issues that had context and I suspected that even he sometimes wondered what he was doing.

"All right!" I got up. "Maybe I can ask Mark if we could be there?"

Harry let go of my face and I saw that he disliked the idea.

"You mean we're going to be in a pub?" he asked, as if that was a crazy idea. I nodded.

"Why not?"

He swallowed.

"No, I prefer some place that isn't related to us."

I nodded.

"It was just a thought." I defended myself with. "It's possible to move all the tables, and there's room for everything. We have access to a bar and all live nearby."

Harry hesitated and he backed off a few steps.

"I don't know if I want to tell my children that I said yes to you in a pub?"

I came up with a faint smile, and now I began to understand him.

"So it's about creating a memory that you can brag about?"

He nodded and cocked his head.

"It sounds better that we got married here, against that we were in a pub?" he swallowed. "And remember that this memory will haunt us throughout life."