6. I Like KitKat

I Like KitKat

I checked my time. Just past ten.

"Is there anything more to do doctor?" Nurse Martha asked.

"You can go home Martha." I smiled at her. "Besides there's only couple of more patients to attend. I can do it alone." It's Saturday after all. I open the clinic late on Saturdays and close bit later than normal. And I was late than normal this morning.

I was hungover from last night's party, I slept late. How I ended up in Beam's guest bedroom is a misery. Non of them had carried me to bed apparently. I was coming to the conclusion that somehow I sleep walked there, when Forth remembered seeing that tall Nong Ming coming from the bedroom I slept.

Did he really carried me there? How embarrassing.

I stood up and went to the door and opened it a crack to see how many patients are there. There were about three people. My heart skipped a beat when I noticed a tall familiar figure lurking at the far corner of the waiting room. He was leaning back against the wall playing with his phone as if he had all the time in the world.

He was wearing casual clothes this time. I've only seen him in office wear before. He looked young and reckless in black tight t-shirts and faded ripped jeans. Only engineering boys can pull off that funky style.

I bit my lip thinking. Why is he here, at this hour?

I called the next patient because it was getting late. I'll confront him later.

When the waiting room is empty but for the imposing figure of the engineering boy, I walked up to him. He looked up from his slouching position to stand straight and threw me a blinding smile. I blinked.

"P'Kit, you're working too hard. Don't you have a hangover?" He searched my face leaning down. I took a step back. Jeeze, this guy doesn't get the concept of personal space.

"Why? Do you have a hangover? Is that why you are here?" I asked carefully.

"Nah, I don't get hangover easily. My alcohol tolerance is high. Unlike you though." He ran his eyes up and down my frame. "You are short and small made." I bristled. Short is my trigger word.

"I can hold my alcohol. Just because you've grown like a buffalo, you don't get to call me short." I puffed my chest at him.

"I'm sorry P, I didn't mean to insult you or anything." He looked down at me in concern. "I'm here to invite you to go out and have dinner with me." He smiled brightly like I have already said yes to him.

"Why would I want to have dinner with you?" I asked crossly. I still haven't forgiven him for calling me short.

"I want to thank you for taking care of Yo." He bowed to me respectfully. "He had been suffering from that knee for long time. You are very kind P. Please let me repay you." I thought carefully looking at him, my anger already forgotten. "Yo will be happy that I treated you to a meal na?" He looked at me hopefully.

"Fine." I sighed.

"Yes!" He punched up the air. I shot him a glance. He was smiling like an idiot. Am I going crazy for noticing that he has a beautiful smile? He really did.

"Wait here, I'll close up and come." I walked inside throwing him another glance.

Ten minutes later, I was riding in the passenger seat of his SUV. I must be going insane to agree to this. But this guy is very persistent.