27. Phana and Wayo

Phana and Wayo

I sautéed the inion and mushrooms in the shallow pan, thinking about P’Pha

I sautéed the inion and mushrooms in the shallow pan, thinking about P’Pha. I felt really bad for P’Pring. She was so nice to me that day. But there’s no other option. If we didn’t come clean with our respective partners about what we did, it might be worse in the end. A clean break is what we needed. Less painful in the end.

I stirred in the Arborio rice to the sautéed onion and mushroom mix. P’Pha and I decided that it’s not fair for either our partners nor us to go on with this charade anymore. We may sound selfish right now but it’s the correct thing to do.

I did the finishing touches to the Mushroom Ricotta by stirring in parmesan chees and parsley. P’Pha loves Italian, besides I want to cheer his up a little. He was feeling really down after his break up with P’Pring.
I covered the dish and wiped my hands on a dish towel. P’Pha is still napping in the living room sofa. I decided he had enough time to nap. It’s time for him to wake up and take in some nutrition.

“P’Pha?” I bent over his face and whispered. He stirred a little, sighing softly. “P’Pha, wake up.” I ran my fingers through his hair. His hand snapped up and grabbed my hand in his hair.

“Yo?” he mumbled, blinking open his eyes. I nodded.

“Dinner?” I smiled. He inhaled deeply.

“Smells good.” His voice is gravelly from sleep. “What did you make?” I lifted one corner of my mouth. He lifted his other hand and pressed the pad of his thumb over the dip of my lip.

“Ricotta.” I mumbled when  his thumb dipped in the center of  my lips, pressing them open. He lifted his head, his eyes trained on my lips but I moved away. I placed my fingers over his lips to smother his pucker.

“Food first.” I straightened up, untangling from his arms. He sighed and removed his long limbs from my sofa and stretched. “You can wash up if you want.” I waved my hand towards the downstairs washroom and walked back to the kitchen.

I started laying the table. P’Pha looked better than when he first walked inside my home. He was like a walking shadow, a ghost then. I don’t know how to help him. How to make everything better. All I can do is love him.