20. All is fair in love and war

All is fair in love and war

“Nong Yo, aren’t you coming?” P’Mew asked when I tried to slip inside the room

“You two go ahead P’Mew, I’m tired. I need to rest.” He nodded looking at my knee. But Art doesn’t seem to be convinced. He gave me a look, saying, we need to talk soon.

“Alright then, take care. I’ll excuse for you.” Did I tell you P’Mew is nice? But I don’t think I can hide from Art very long.

I went in and slipped my key card into the wall slot. The room lit up along with the air conditioner. Soft music started filling the room. The song bank in the room's sound system is amazing.

 It's just another nightAnd I'm staring at the moonI saw a shooting starAnd thought of youI sang a lullabyBy the waterside and knewIf you were here,I'd sing to you

And I'm staring at the moon
I saw a shooting star
And thought of you
I sang a lullaby
By the waterside and knew
If you were here,
I'd sing to you

I hummed turning around in my tippy toes doing a little dance step.

You're on the other side
As the skyline splits in two
I'm miles away from seeing you
I can see the stars
From America
I wonder, do you see them, too?

I sang while I took a shower and got dressed in a tank top and a short. It’s our last day in Malaysia. We’re heading home tomorrow. It had been a successful tour and I’m not there celebrating with my fellow performers and management. Instead I’m holed up in my hotel room waiting to do FaceTime with P’Pha.
That first night we did FaceTime and when he confessed his love to me, it changed my whole perception of life. Love is love no matter what. Call me selfish, call me fickle but I need his love. Because underneath I had been in love with him too, as a snotty thirteen years old and even now as the idol Yo. And they say all is fair in love and war.

“Hi” He grinned waving at me through the phone.