59. Epilogue (PhaYo)

One year later....

Phana stood straight at the entrance of the restaurant gazing at the crowd moving

Phana stood straight at the entrance of the restaurant gazing at the crowd moving. They didn’t even do any publicizing, yet the turn up is unexpected. And it’s not even seven o’clock.

He looked up at the large, wooden sign board.

Yo's Kitchen

He couldn’t help but pleased with his boyfriend's success. Yo was determined to get his diploma and license before finally opening his own restaurant.

“Not bad for the first night eh?” He turned around to see Yo's dad smiling at him.

“Without any publicity too.” Phana looked around the buzzing crowd. Yo must be pretty busy in the kitchen.

“The news travel around I guess.” Yo's dad pushed his hands down his pant pockets, parting the coat he was wearing.

“I was afraid of the press people.” Phana looked at the road outside. “Yo absolutely despise them but no one is here today, luckily.” He said thoughtfully.

“I took a restraining order. No one can came closer than hundred meters.” Dad smiled.

“What?” Phana laughed.

“It was pretty easy considering his last case. Plus I used some influence.” He said sobering up.

“Yo will be relieved. He was nervous earlier. Thanks Dad.” Phana greeted him pressing his palms together.

“And I want to thank you Phana for taking care of my baby boy.” Dad gave a solemn look. Phana bowed his head tad bit embarrassed.

“I love him.” He said simply. Dad patted him on the back with a look saying everything he wanted to say. Phana could tell that dad was grateful, happy and relieved to see them together.

Then he saw his mom walked in. He was about to greet her, yet his smile faltered in shock seeing his dad walking side by side with her. Phana quickly excused Yo's dad and walked up to greet them.

He hasn’t spoken with his dad since his last birthday. He sent a gift and gave him a phone call, wishing him. His heart lurched at seeing his dad’s warn out face. He’s gotten older. Phana couldn’t help feel bad that he didn’t try to reconcile with his father. He ignored the issue stubbornly despite his mom’s and Yo's urges.

“Dad?” He greeted. “What are you doing here?” he gave a sideway glance to his mom.

“I'm going to see Yo.” She said and quickly disappeared. Phana and his dad looked at each other in exasperation. He’s sure that his mom forced him to come.

“Did Mom made you come here?” He asked guiding his dad to a corner, away from all the crowd.

“Kind of.” Dad smiled. “But I also wanted to talk to you.” He said tiredly. He felt that his dad is getting older. Phana looked at dad sadly.