22. Forbidden Fruits

Forbidden Fruits

I glanced at sleeping P’Joss with my fingers curled around the key to my back yard gate

I glanced at sleeping P’Joss with my fingers curled around the key to my back yard gate. I shouldn’t be doing this to him. I should be honest with him. I may not love him the same way he did to me. But I should have had the decency to break it off with him before things get ugly. Because P’Joss was my friend before he became my boyfriend.

I slipped on a hoodie and left the room silently.  The gate to the backyard was closed unless during trimming and mowing of the grass. Which happened only ones a month. I walked quietly through the garden path and stopped at the tall and heavy wooden gate. My dad went overboard when it comes to my security. I shook my head inserting the large key to the smaller side gate.

P’Pha’s black Audi is parked under the shadows of the large tree next to my garden wall. I’m breaching every security protocol by sneaking out like this. But I need to see him too. What happened today was too painful for both of us.

I approached the passenger side and door snapped opened. I climbed up and looked at him still in his evening outfit. He watched me closely. I sat back and leaned on the back rest avoiding his eyes.

“We’ve wronged them.” I whispered. “This is not right P’Pha.” I mumbled looking at him.

He didn’t respond. He traced his fingers along the ridges on the steering wheel.

“Your fiancée and P’Joss, they’re nice people.” I said again. “It’s not fair for them…..” I trailed my words. P’Pha slowly turned to me in his seat. I lifted my eyes to meet his. He looked scary.

“Why are you talking about them?” He growled. I flinched. “Did you know how it feels to watch the love of your life walk away with another man.” His voice turned icy cold.

“P’Pha…. I…” He stopped me by grabbing one of my shoulders and tugging my hoodie down roughly.

“Did he touch you?” I stared at his fierce expression

“Did he touch you?” I stared at his fierce expression. He touched my cheek. “Here?” He traced his fingers to my neck. “Here?” Then he pushed his thumb between my lips. “How about here?” He looked demented with scary eyes, it brought back memories of badass P’Pha back in school.