Creek Blues

A/N: Another sad one. 

"Pills eat through you like acid burning holes." Alex said holding John's limp hand. "Through your head, your mind, your bones and enamel."  He said rubbing circles onto his lover's lifeless hand. "Handcuffed to the bed like you're an animal." "I don't even recognize you anymore." He said staring at his lover's dead body.

"Try to put you down like an old dog to sleep." Alex said softly remembering endless nights of blood crudely screams from John. "Cut your branches off but you're a dying tree." He said looking at John's heart monitor. Which was already black. "The doctors came and pulled the sheet up over your head."  He said holding in tears and remembering a few hours ago when they pronounced John dead. "You're already dead, you just don't know it." He sighed.

"You are sick and I hate you and love you for it." You're a wreck but I'm always going to want you." Alex said removing his hand from John's.

"I hate to see the knife always under your arm." "Alone at night, cutting up the neighborhood dogs." He said remembering finding John next door cutting up the neighbors dogs. "You snuck me into your daddy's bedroom." "Showed me all his guns." "You said, "Careful or you'll blow your head off make the safety's one."  He smiled enjoying the memory of John being sneaky.

"Living things to die in the mud at the creeks".  He said remembering where he found John's body at. "Pumping shotgun slugs out into the tree." He said. "You run your fingers on the wood and feels it bullet holes." "It gives you something I could never give you or ever really know."Alex said remembering the last time he saw John.  

"You are sick and I hate you and love you for it."  "You're a wreck but I'm always going to want you." He said once more.

"And I don't want to know what you've done." "Or what you think about doing." "I don't want to know so don't tell me." He said remembering his last words towards John.