Babydoll dancer

A/N: genderbent john btw which is now jasmine yeet bc I'm lazy.

Jasmine is a dancer at a burlesque club, and Alex is a flustered first timer! Anyway, here's 2K of Alex getting turned on while watching Jasmine up on stage

Jasmine's P.O.V

The band played softly off to the side of the stage, bass thumping in my chest and saxophone setting the mood for the night as I served drinks to the men who had been in their seats all night watching the girls shed their sequenced, shiny skin on stage. The dimmed warm lights illuminated the red velvet cushioned walls, the place reeked of lust; the want for sex dripped in the form of invisible tears from the eyes of every man in the underground club.

"Hey, just a reminder that you're on in 20. If you wanna go get ready now, I can cover your tables," spoke Thomas, he was one of the bartenders that I've had grown close to in my eleven months of working here.

"You don't mind?"

"Not at all, go blow these sleaze bags away, sweetheart. I got you covered!"

With that I take off my serving apron and hand it to him over the bar, shooting him a toothy smile over my shoulder as I skip my way backstage.

As I sit in front of the mirror and apply my deep red lipstick to my soft lips, I feel the nerves start to bubble up in the pit of my stomach, something that had started happening as I became one of the more popular dancers. The expectation to be one of the better performers of the night weighing heavy in the back of my mind. My eyes catch a glimpse of the owner of the burlesque club standing behind me in my mirror, Angelica. She'd been quite harsh on me when I first started out, taking me out of routines only hours before opening time, her only reason being,

"Babydoll, these men are wanting to watch girls who they know. They come here for specific dancers, you're gonna have to build up your following your own way before you dance with these ladies."

And so, that's exactly what you did. I became a club waitress between my own small, quiet performances, pushing out my chest and swaying my hips as I served men their drinks, taking orders in a sweet, innocent, yet alluring voice, and giving my stage name when they asked for it, I went by "Babydoll," considering it's what Angelica had called me since I started.

Angelica started letting me dance with the more popular performers once there was a question around the club about when they'd see the 'little lady who serves the drinks' on stage. And now here I am, getting ready to perform my new routine for the audience of men, where I'd be the center of attention.

"Babydoll, you ready for tonight? You're the star of the show now... they can't get enough of you!" She spoke, her sharp cheekbones shining in the bright lights. She picked up my blush brush and turned my chair to face her, gently applying the rouge powder to the apples of my cheeks.

"I haven't been this nervous since I first started out, Angelica. Did you ever get like this when you danced?"

"I did, it's just you figuring out how to handle the power you and your body have over these men, Babydoll."

Sharing a sweet smile between the two of us, she brushed my hair out of my face gently, "Go knock it out of the park, you're amazing out there!"

I stood up slowly, readjusting my fitted coat and the tight one piece underneath. My Swarovski covered heels made me stand much taller than I usually would, thank god I'd performed in them many times before.

"You're fucking gorgeous, Babydoll. Go kill 'em!" Angelica says, gently nudging me to walk to the side of the stage. Now was the moment I'd dreamed of.