1

"I read a new fictional book, unnie." Yeri opens up a topic as she ran back to sit down beside Irene and flipped it open but the girl beside her seemed not interested at the topic at all. She hates books, and hates reading so the topic kinda bores her. She focused on her phone, scrolling up and down instagram, seeing BLACKPINK's ig updates more interesting than Yeri talking beside her. "Isn't it amazing?"

She looked at Yeri sleepily before yawning, making the girl beside her pout and close the book. "You didn't listen did you?"

"It's boring." She simply answered and focused on her phone once again. Looking at Yeri who's still pouting, she suddenly felt guilty and looked at the girl with a sigh. "Fine, tell me."

"The story setting was from the Joseon dynasty!" She squealed that made Irene raise her eyebrows. She suddenly became curious all of a sudden because first, Yeri hates history and second, there must be something in the book that made her read it all of a sudden.

"Interesting." She says while nodding her head carefully. "Tell me more, Yeri."

Yeri flipped the book open and smiled at her unnie.

"He was the 24th king of Joseon. He was good looking and he became the king at the age of eight and in the real history, he died at 23."

Irene's eyes widened, surprised that the maknae knows something about the 'real history.'

"Why did he die?" Irene asked. Yeri giggled and closed the book before pulling out her phone. She clicked something before showing it to Irene.

"He was a womanizer and sleeping with different girls every night caused his death." She giggled but then sighed before looking at the big window of the hotel in New York where they're staying right now. "And in the book, he went to the future after he died."

"Future?" Irene laughed lightly while looking at the maknae who's staring at New York's pretty sunset view. "Don't tell me you're expecting to see him around?"

"I'm just thinking. What if it's true?" Yeri asks that made Irene laugh out loud while hitting her playfully. "Unnie!"

"Wae? You're funny!" Irene teased her. Yeri pouted before rolling her eyes at her and corssed her arms. "You know, instead of thinking about those things, just go get some sleep. We need to wake up for early rehearsals, Yeri."

"Fine, I'll go to my room." Yeri stood up and waved at her unnie. "Goodnight, Irene-unnie."

"Good night, Yeri."

As soon as the youngest left the room, Irene laid down on the soft matress and attempted to close her eyes but her gaze caught something much interesting.

Yeri left her book inside my room. She thought.

She quickly took it and leaned her back on the bed's headboard, flipping the book open. She checked the cover and she thought it was weird.

"Yeri said that this is a fictional book. Why does the cover doesn't even have pictures or even the author's name?" She talked to herself and went to the first page but it was just blank and a simple name was written on it.

조선, 헌종  (Heonjong of Joseon Dynasty)

She flipped it once again, going on the first page of the book and began reading it.

And little did Irene know, while she was reading every word, every sentence, it was happening to the young man in the past time.

"It was one cold night, I was still awake and walking around the broad space of the kingdom's garden."

And there he was, wearing his black hongryongpo and hair tied up in a bun with a maggeon on his forehead.