19

Another day, another dollar.

Which means, nothing had changed. I already knee that things will go just like how it happened yesterday and will happen tomorrow.

I marched my way downstairs where I found Alice in the kitchen while working on my breakfast. With a smile, she turned to me and bowed down lightly and I did the same.

"Good morning." I greeted and went straight to one of the counters to serve myself a cup of coffee from the brewer.

"Good morning to you too, Y/N." The lady greets and placed the last dish she prepared for me this morning on the breakfast table, near the balcony. On that part of the house, the natural light from the sun enters the large glass windows where you can also watch the wonderful view of the sun when it rises, and also when it sets.

"Where's Taylor?" I asked curiously and took a sip from my coffee before I settled on one chair. Alice sat accross me and served me food.

"He's probably cleaning your car." The old lady says then placed the plate infront of me, then to serve herself her own food.

"He should've ate breakfast first." I shrugged. After that, the dining table became quiet, I became busy on my own food while Alice did the same. Ever since I began living here, I always invited them to join me for food. It reminds me of my own family back in Joseon when I was younger. But those simple and fun gatherings stopped when I needed to become King, where I always ate my foods alone in that lonely room.

"Is something wrong, Y/N?" The lady asked, making me look at her as I quickly swept my thoughts away. "You're face don't look good."

"Yeah, I'm okay." I answered nodding. "I-I'm totally fine."

"Great." She smiles. "Oh, by the way. I need to tell you something."

"And that is?"

"This coming new year's eve... Can I like... take a leave?"

I looked at the lady in shock, dropping the utensils on my plate and wiped my mouth with the napkin ontop of the table.

"And why is that?" I asked looking at her.

"I was hoping to spend time with my family. You know, I was already here with you last christmas so I was hoping to..."

For a second, I felt sad of hearing it from her. It was my first new year at my own house. For awhile, I got used to seeing Alice and Taylor around the house all the time.

"I mean, if it's okay with you. You're still my boss and if you say I need to stay, it will be okay."

"No, Alice. Go, spend time with your family. I bet they miss you a lot. Especially your kids?" The old lady always told me stories about her kids when they were younger and they seemed like a very happy family. She smiled as soon as she heard what I said, making me smile as well. "You can leave tomorrow. I'll give you a week."

"Oh my, thank you so much!"

The lady clapped her hands while smiling widely, making me laugh as I shake my head. The elevator suddenly dinged, revealing Taylor who was wearing a suit as his daily uniform. The man smiled at us and joined us on the table.

"Hey, did I miss something?" He asked, having no idea why the woman was so happy all of a sudden.

"You should take your leave too, Taylor. I'm sure your family wants to celebrate new year's day with you." I chuckled and continued to eat my food.

"Will you allow me?" He asked in surprise, as if not believing his ears.

"Yes, you can both leave for tomorrow. And like Alice, you also have a week."