50

A/N:

Are you ready for it?

***

Sobs never stopped from coming out of Nayeon's lips as she began dragging Y/N's unconscious body along the wide and open field of the palace, she was heading towards the exit.

Towards the large gate, then towards the woods.

Towards their home, deep inside the forest.

Hundreds of body rest on the ground—dead bodies. Soldiers from the Cheoljong or Ihwan's side took down each other, they killed each other until blood began pooling around their figures. The sound of Ihwan's body that swiped against the rough patch of ground accompanied Nayeon's gentle but painful sobs, tears from her eyes never stopped from flowing.

He was barely breathing.

Nayeon didn't know what to do, she didn't know if she must treat him there at the palace but the thought of the heads from the other clans would arrive at the palace and capture them threatened her mind, then she made a decision. She would bring Ihwan home and treat him, just like what she did before when she helped him escape.

That is, if they arrive safely and when Ihwan's still alive.

She wasn't sure if he could still hold on and that pained Nayeon. The fact that she's losing another companion when he just wished to kill one person, is Cheoljong's life worth of four people? Mingyu, their kids, then now, Ihwan? Is his life that worthy that she has to lose four people before finally getting rid of the devil?

She grasped onto his hands tightly as she walked through a puddle of blood, Nayeon watched how the red—and now sticky—liquid would take the shape of her shoe, some of it splashed on her leg, but she didn't care. She kept walking and walking, she kept crying and crying, when all she wanted was to stop breathing.

Nayeon wished it was her.

Nayeon wished that it was Y/N who's dragging her body along the sea of dead people, she hoped that it was her who bled, she wished that Cheoljong hurted her instead ofIhwan.

Y/N has someone to go home to, surely, that woman has been waiting for him all these times. And Nayeon? She doesn't have a home anymore.

She doesn't have any company once Y/N leaves and returns to the world that he treats as his, Mingyu wasn't around to claim her, to take care of her.

She wished it was her.

Until the sounds of thunder came and brushed her thoughts away, Nayeon glanced up in the sky and narrowed her eyes. Earlier, the skies were clear but now, they were covered in dark clouds. Did the heavens know that Y/N suffered? Did they know that he's hurt? Are they mourning for his death?

Death... Dead?

Nayeon wasn't sure if he was dead. She didn't want to know either or it would cause her to be more broken. Atleast for the time being, she could make herself believe that Ihwan's just in deep sleep and tired for everything that happened today. Well, the last thing might be true, surely, he's tired of it. He's tired of everything.

She glanced back and looked at Ihwan's helpless body, bruises all over his face became visible. From the fight that they had with Cheoljong's soldiers earlier, Nayeon could see how he tried to resist all the pain when three men would come at him at once. He was so strong, so brave. She admired it.

Even before the drops of rain come, she had pulled his body under a large tree. It wasn't as large as the tree that they had at home, but the leaves were wide enough to cover them from the rain. She helped him to sit, she pressed Ihwan's back against the thick wood then settled beside him. The strong air suddenly blew that it made her shiver, her hands went straight to hold Ihwan's cold touch. She rubbed her hands against his and tried to warm him up, but none of it was working. He still felt cold.