21

Before we we head towards her parent's house, we stopped by the coffee store at the gasoline station. Irene said that it might be a long drive so I needed coffee to wake myself up. Plus, the alcohol already took over my body.

"Are you sure you'll be okay to drive?" Irene asked after she yawned cutely. I nodded with a smile as I opened the café's glass door for her.

"Welcome!" The barista from the counter greeted, making me smile as our gazes met.

"Hey there, Namjoon." I waved at him. Irene looked at me in surprise. "He owns the coffee shop." I whispered.

"Oh." It was the only thing that came out of her lips. As we walked towards the counter, Namjoon flashed his playful gaze on me, as if teasing. "You've been friends?"

"Yeah. We made music twice." Namjoon answered then handed her the menu. "What can I get the two of you?"

"Iced coffee, as always." I simply said. While Irene was busy picking her order, Namjoon leaned his face closer to whisper something to me.

"So, are you guys together?"

"No!" I answered quickly, forgetting to tone down my voice. Irene looked at me in shock and confusion, making Namjoon chuckle. "You, jerk."

"I was just asking you know." He nudged my elbow.

"I'll get a Strawberry Frappuccino." Irene spoke shyly for interrupting our conversation.

"I'm still confused about seeing you here with Irene on almost midnight." The man whispered that made me glare at him. "One iced coffee and Strawberry Frappuccino, comin' right up!"

As Namjoon left the counter, Irene and I decided to take a seat on the closest table. She looked around the place, then back at me.

"Many things happened to you after two years..." Irene spoke that I agreed with her.

"A lot of things happened." I sighed.

"It must be hard for you." She bit her lower lip then lowered her head.

"It was but everything's good now." I smiled. "I'm so happy right now."

"You are?" Irene giggled. "Me too."

We exchanged smiles until a pink blush creeped out of her cheeks.

"I-I mean, I'm happy b-because I'll be going home."

"Yeah, of course." I nodded.

From a distance, I could see Namjoon watching us with a stupid smile on his face. He walked towards us with our orders in his hands then placed it on the table.

"Where are you guys going?" He asked as he approached us.

"To Daegu." I answered simply.

"We're going to see my parents." The woman smiled excitedly.

"Oh, are you guys on the meet-the-parents stage now?"

A quiet hiss came out of my mouth as Namjoon laughed teasingly, leaving Irene blushing again.

"God, stop it, will you?" I pinched the man's arms, but he just laughed harder while brushing off my hands.

"I was just kidding!" He walked steps away from me. "I was just kidding, Irene."

"Y-Yeah, sure." The woman mumbled.

"Have a safe drive, you two." Namjoon winked at me while I just shook my head. "I hope—"

"Enough, Namjoon. Please?" I rolled my eyes at him. "Thanks, by the way."

"Anytime!"

It was quiet as we went back to the car, Irene just kept her head lowered while holding her purse and her drink. We silently entered te car and began to drive our way based on the GPS' direction.