43

There was never a day that Yi-Byeon left Y/N to sleep without any part of his body hurting. If it wasn't him who beats up the former King, it was his guards who did the work.

The rain poured in Joseon as hard as it is to escape for Y/N. It has been how many days? He couldn't remember when was the first time he was locked up in that unpleasant smelling stable where he was tied up, only the cold breeze of the storm was the thing to hug him. His whole body was covered in blood, even the clothes that he has been wearing since the time he was thrown here. He could barely see, he could barely move and soon, he isn't even sure if he's still able to breathe.

*Flashback*

"Still as smart as before, Ihwan." Jackson spoke with a smirk on his face. "It's nice to see you again my cousin."

"What are you doing here?" Y/N asked, his jaw clenched.

"Why? Am I not allowed to be here? Come on, Ihwan. Not because you went here first, you can restrict me to come here." Jackson smiled. "I missed seeing you around the palace."

"You shouldn't have followed me."

"And why not?" He laughed. "After you pushed me off that cliff, you think I won't be getting revenge?"

"You were dead!"

"I was never dead!" Jackson seethed, taking a few steps forward towards Y/N. "Have you forgotten? Beneath that cliff, the river awaits. Do you think I could die if you push me off the water?"

Y/N didn't know what to say, he kept silent and watched the man's figure smile at him, as if telling him that it was his end, that he already lost in the first place.

"Good thing, Nayeon told me how you ascend here in the future and back to Joseon." He chuckled. "All I had to do was threaten her that I'll kill Mingyu."

"Where's Mingyu?! What did you do to him!?" Y/N felt anger burning in his body, he launched forward and held the man by his collar. But Jackson didn't even flinch, he just smiled once again.

"Do you want to know, King Heonjong?" Jackson spoke. "He's six feet under the ground."

And that was it. Y/N lost his control, one of his fists moved forward towards Jackson's face. It made the man's lips bleed, but Y/N didn't care. With tears falling from his eyes, he kept throwing punches on his face.

"You killed him." He muttered again and again, as if in a prayer. "You'll regret being here, Cheoljong!"

Jackson let out a loud laugh, still letting Y/N throw punches on his face. As if he didn't feel any pain he kept laughing as if he was crazy, he kept laughing that pissed Y/N more.

"And guess how I came here Ihwan!" Jackson pushed him off and wiped the corner of his lips, looking at Joseon's twenty-fourth King with a challenging gaze. "I dug up your grand-mother's grave and took this."

Jackson took out a white paper from the inside of his coat, he laughed even louder. It was the talisman that Y/N and Chaeyoung saw from the library.

"Are you out of your mind, Yi-Byeon?!" Y/N launched forward once more, but stopped when Jackson pulled out a knife out of his pocket. "Come on, Heonjong. Come close if you're brave enough."

"Do you even know what will happen if you try to kill me?"

"I'm not sure." Jackson smirked. "But it's either you go back to Joseon or you die. Shall we try, Ihwan?"

Jackson took steps closer, but Y/N backed away immediately.

"Too scared, huh?"

"You'll regret this." Y/N spoke while shaking his head.