12

It was a cold night in the palace, the corners were very quiet. No sound was heard and no people could be seen unless it was the guards who were roving around the palace, making sure that everything was under control.

Except for the old room of the former ruler, King Heonjong.

"Are you sure about this?!" The man beside the king whispered as he slowly opened the door, making sure he won't make a sound that the guards notice.

"Of course! Are you doubting me?" Heonjong asked smacking the coward man's shoulders, making him yelp. "Just do as I say, Mingyu!"

The both were sneaking inside the King's old room inside the palace that seemed like it was abandoned. The dust wandered to Mingyu's nose, making him sneeze. Luckily, Heonjong was alert and he covered the man's mouth.

"I don't know why I came here with you. You'll just make the guards kill the both of us!"

"I'm sorry your highness! It's just so dusty in here!"

When Y/N was wandering around the forest the time he came back to the past, he heard heavy breathing not far from the tree where he saw their names. And after awhile, those heavy breathings turned into silent sobs that made him alert. It was Mingyu.

He saw him sitting behind another big tree with his hands covering his mouth. He felt his heart clench inside his chest, seeing his friend breakdown after knowing that he guards are searching for him to end his life.

"M-Mingyu?" The king called carefully after checking if there were no people around them. Mingyu felt the hair on his skin stand, a cold air brushed on his skin when he heard a very familiar voice. He knew that it was his bestfriend's voice, but he didn't know if he would believe it. Was it just in his head? No, it's sounds so real! Is it just him dreaming? Or is it him dead and hearing his bestfriend's voice because they're in heaven? Or maybe hell.

"Ya!" The younger one called again. This time, Mingyu carefully turned his head to he direction of the voice, and his eyes widened to see him.

"A-Ah.... AAAAAAAAAHHH!"

The king almost wanted to slap himself by having a friend like him. He quickly ran to his direction, not caring if the dry leaves made sounds of his footsteps, just to make sure he'll cover Mingyu's mouth.

"Shit, keep it down!" He scolds with much authority, knowing that he'll shut up by that way. And he wasn't wrong, he did shut up. "Do you want us dead?!"

"B-But you already are..." Mingyu couldn't believe his eyes. He could be dreaming right now but no, he definitely could feel Y/N touching him. "A-Are you my bestfriend's ghost?!"

"No, you idiot!" The king sighed and removed his hands from him. He sat down beside Mingyu, letting a sigh of relief escape his lips. "Or do you think I'm a ghost?"

"You look real, your highness but..." The man paused and inspected the 'soul' of his bestfriend that was beside him. "Your clothes are different."

The king looked on his own, smiling as he saw the shirt that Seulgi bought him the other week. Another sigh escaped his lips as he let his head rest on the trunk behind him.

"Is that what they let you wear before they cremate your body?"

The king laughed amused, looking at Mingyu. He was definitely funny in the king's eyes and he wanted to laugh but he decided to keep it than being killed. Again.

The King told Mingyu everything that happened since the night that Yi-Byeon invaded his room to kill him. The man couldn't believe it that everything infront of him was true. Heonjong stated everything that happened to him including that he teleported to the future. He told stories about the five girls who saved him.