2

Irene's POV

Days have passed and now we're back in Seoul. Wendy, Joy, and I told Yeri and Seulgi about the mystery that happened to the book. Yeri was actually crying when she knew that all of the pages became blank, while Seulgi was speechless.

Right now, we're having our one month day off, since we just finished our world tour. Thank God, Mr. Lee gave us time to rest and let us relax even for a month. Wendy and Seulgi was infront of the computer of our dorm, researching very well about this King Heonjeong who lived years ago. I sighed and kept scanning the book again and again, but there was no progress from it.

"I think it's his diary." Joy starts while flipping on the pages with me.

"He died on 25th of July," Wendy says while muching on the chips. Seulgi turns to me and took a deep breath before bringing herself into a deep thinking.

"So it was a week ago when he wrote that shit," Seulgi starts and Joy nodded while leaning her head onto my shoulders. "Within three days he'll die, then?"

"It seems so. According to the date written on the page, it should be July 22nd in his world or dimension or... I don't know." Wendy explains as I look at each of them confusedly.

"Which means?" I asked confusedly.

"He'll be in the future within three days." Yeri answered that made us look at her. Seulgi smirked and gave her a high five.

"Bingo!" Seulgi exclaims with a wide smile. How could they smile like this when everything is really creeping me out?

"So we'll be seeing him in three days?" Joy asked excitedly that made me look at them weirdly.

"Aren't you scared people?!" I asked rolling my eyes on every one of them and in sync, they all shook their heads. "Oh god."

"Come on, unnie. We'll be seeing a King! Aren't you honored?!" Wendy asked and I quickly shook my head.

"I feel like he's going back to life. Isn't it creepy?" I asked but Seulgi shook her head again and laughed.

"The internet says that he's handsome. I wonder what he likes when it comes to girls."

"Kang Seulgi!" I scolded that made everyone laugh.

"Oops, Seulrene no more." Yeri laughed and I rolled my eyes on them before standing up. "Unnie, where are you going?!"

"Bathroom," I said simply and walked my way there but I immediately stopped when Joy gasped.

"He's writing!"

I quickly ran back beside Joy and saw the book writing itself again just like when I first saw it. I had goosebumps as soon as it start writing the date on the upper left part of the next page.

22nd of July, 1849

"Daebak," Seulgi gasps and watched carefully.

"It's scary," Wendy says but kept her eyes on the book.

"The doctor told me that I'll be dying soon, grandmother. We'll be seeing each other now. Do you know how happy I am? I'll be seeing you again and we would never be apart. I have told Yi-Byeon to take over my place as soon as I..."

The writing suddenly stopped for a second that made us look at each other.

"No doubt. He'll be here in three days," Joy mumbled as I took a deep breath. Of all the people, why does it have to be us to witness this kind of thing?

"...die. I will be dying soon and I don't want my people to be in trouble, I know Yi-Byeon will take care of my beloved country. I am very sorry if I never followed your advices, I was out of my mind, grandmother. Look at me right now, I look so helpless. I never got out of my room ever since and all those women who caused me sickness, I will kill them all. Tonight, Yi-Byeon will take care of everything for me. And I could die in peace. I cannot wait to see you again, grandmother."

"Damn," Wendy closed the book and took a deep sigh while the hair on my skin was still raised upwards, causing a cold feeling all over my body. "What will happen when he dies?"

"When the other pages haven't vanished yet, I read that he will be at the place where he exactly died." Yeri says thinking while Seulgi looked and scrolled on the internet again.

"In his room, then?" She asked but Yeri shrugged.

"It was the last thing I read and nothing more. He maybe in his room or where he was burried,"

"We need to get him," Wendy says that made me look at her and scoff in disbelief. "I'm serious, unnie."

"No, no one's going to get him. We stay here at the dorm." I said glaring at them. "This is very dangerous!"

"But we know what's gonna happen! We shouldn't prentend to be blind, Irene!" Seulgi protests and glared at me.

"God, you are all so naughty!" I stood up and went straight to my room, closing the door with a loud slam. This all is just so crazy! It's crazy to the point that it's hypnotizing the girls!

I opened the sliding door inside my room and went to the balcony for some fresh air. From here, I could see Changdeokgung Palace and it makes me annoyed from just seeing it.

How could these four girls not freak out when we just discovered a magical book where he writes his thoughts from the Joseon Dynasty and we're here in the 21st Century? I don't know if I should be scared knowing that this King would be showing up three days from now or maybe not. We don't even know if its true. Is the book battery operated? Is it just a toy that has a on and off button? And making Yeri confess, she obviously didn't bought it. Someone who is a stranger gave it to her.

Is there anything worse? This is all crazy and stupid.

I sighed and closed my eyes for a bit as I sit on the small chair, letting the cold breeze of the wind touch my skin, letting the magical lights of Seoul in night fade out to my vision, letting myself relax. I thought it will be a month of just fun and rest but I think it's just getting more stressful.

"Help me."

"I need your help."

"Shit." I opened my eyes widely in fear when I heard couple of whispers. Goodness, this is getting worse. Was that his voice? Or is it just me?