39

"Of course, you know Jinyoung Park. And this is Jackson Wang, from GOT7."

Chairman Lee began introducing the men on their table but Y/N's gaze was darted on Jackson's figure. He scanned him from every part of his face, the clothes that he was wearing but Jackson would only smile back.

He looks exactly as Yi-Byeon except for his hair... what if he's here in the present, like me?

But no, that would be impossible.

"It's nice to meet you, Y/N." Everyone spoke but the voice that stood out to his ears was the voice that sounded exactly like Yi-Byeon's.

He stared at him with his hands shaking, unsure if the man was trustworthy. He tried to shake his thoughts away, trying to focus on the topic that the men were talking.

"Lots of fans wanted a collaboration with our girl groups." YG spoke with a smile, twirling the red liquid inside his wine glass.

"I think it would be a good idea." JYP nods. The others agreed by nodding, so as Y/N but he had his eyes darted on Jackson who was busy sipping on his glass.

He watched his every movement, the way his eyes flicker, the way his mouth opens whenever he talks, the way that his hands would move up in the air while he explains something, he listened to every word that he spoke and his voice sounded exactly like his cousin's.

Y/N met Jackson's gaze for a second, his eyes that turned bright as he talked about music, it changed into dark ones with his eyebrows moving close to each other. The man kept speaking words that were connected to their work, but his eyes told Y/N a different thing. Something that Y/N couldn't understand, but his instinct tells him it was something not good.

"Excuse me," He quickly stood up from his seat and bowed, not removing his gaze from Jackson's. The man stopped from talking before his lips curved into a small smirk, watching him move away from the table with his whole body shaking.

It is him.

---

Meanwhile, Irene stared at the bright lights on the ceiling that looked like stars, looking at them with a smile on her face. They looked beautiful for Irene, it reminded her of the time when she was stargazing with Y/N when they were in Daegu. The moment that she realized that Y/N wasn't just that King from Joseon, but the King of her heart.

A moment after, she felt someone sit beside her with a loud thud on the chair, she glanced and saw her boyfriend.

"You're back!" She squealed. "I missed you, Y/N."

The man smiled at him, touching her face gently with his warm palms. She smiled as soon as she felt his touch on her face, like a kid who was happy because her parents gave her a piece of candy. Y/N chuckled at him, realizing that the woman was absolutely drunk.

"You missed me?" He laughed. "I was just five tables away from here, Hyunnie."

"Even so!" She huffed. "Look, baby."

Irene pointed her finger upwards, Y/N quickly complied and smiled.

"They're beautiful." She spoke with a smile on her face. "Like when we were at our backyard? Do you remember?"

"I would never forget." Y/N chuckled. "You looked so beautiful that night."

"And now I don't?" She frowned, crossing her arms on her chest.

"Of course you do." Y/N kissed the tip of her nose, sighing hardly while grabbing her hand. "You look absolutely beautiful right now, Irene."

"You think?" She smiled widely, her eyes fluttered under the dim lights of the event place. Y/N nodded, moving his eyebrows up and down.