16

As soon as I stepped out of the elevator that lead me to the penthouse where I currently live, I removed my coat and handed it to my housekeeper who was waiting infront of the elevator.

"Do you want something to eat, Mr. Joo?" The woman who took my coat asked, making me think for awhile. She

"Bring me a cup of tea. I'll be in the library, Alice."

"Yes sir," She nodded before walking away.

"You can rest now, Taylor." I spoke to the older man behind me, doing his job to follow me since he was also assigned to be my personal body guard. "Thank you for today."

"Alright, sir. Have a great night,"

---

I sat on the swivel chair inside the room that was filled with books, left and right there were big wooden shelves where they were placed. I kept observing the spacious room, then to pick up the remote control lying on the table to reduce the intensity of the lights. It was almost dark but the lamp ontop of my table gave enough illumination, making the small texts on the book infront of me visible. I lifted my eyes at the door when it opened, revealing my house keeper entering with a small metal tray in her hands containing tea on the top.

"Here's your tea." She placed the tray on my table, then to place my antique transparent cup on the table, pouring the tea from the small teakettle. "You know, you're really weird."

"What? Why?" I asked confusedly while taking the cup into my hands, sipping on the tea. I felt the hot liquid run down my throat, making me sigh as its wonderful taste stuck on my tongue.

"Young men these days prefer coffee." She spoke and sat on the arm chair infront of the desk. "But you prefer tea even though you're just around your thirties."

"Tea is healthier than coffee, Alice. Leave me alone," I spoke playfully, shaking my head as I brought my eyes back on the journal infront of me.

"You're so stubborn, do you know that?" She smiled before standing up then to bow at me. "Good night, Y/N."

"Good night, thank you."

Alice was like a mother to me. She was one of Mr. Lee's housekeepers and he assigned the woman to take care of my house when I'm at work. So far, I had no problems with her. She did her duties well and she's been caring. Just like my grand mother. It was perfect.

While Taylor who served as my bodyguard and my driver, was like a good friend. He was numbers older than me but sometimes, our minds would think the same thing. He was like a bestfriend to me, just like how Mingyu did.

I picked up the pen on the table with a print on its base.

Joo Enterprises

I smiled to myself and brought my eyes to the brown book, almost same as the color of my wooden desk. I placed my cup on the table then to pick up the book, holding it with my hands and flipped the pages until I reached the page where I first wrote ever since I came back to the past.

---

24th of September, 1849

It has been weeks since I came back in the past. I wonder if you still are reading this? Or maybe you have thrown the book away because you're mad at me, right? I'm sorry if I didn't kept my promise to you. I needed to stay and another thing, I don't have any idea how to come back, Irene. I hope you will forgive me.

The palace is in total chaos, just like how one of my servants told me. They wanted to kill me and Mingyu. If I wasn't wrong, I have already spoke to this book who Mingyu is. He's one of my bestfriend and I can't wait to introduce him to you, girls if there will be a chance.