32

"I had a bad dream, Hyunnie." I frowned before taking the glass of water in my hands, drinking it. Joohyun swallowed as she raised her eyes at me curiously.

We were inside a Vietnamese restaurant along the district of Cheongdam. After we spent 20 minutes arguing between eating Japanese or Thai food, we agreed to just stop by at the closest restaurant from my building which serves Vietnamese cuisine. I decided to order to buy a bowl of Pho, which is a kind of noodle soup with light beef or chicken broth flavoured with ginger and coriander and a plate of Cao Lau, which is a specialty in Central Vietnam. A mouthwatering bowlful of thick rice-flour noodles, bean sprouts and pork-rind croutons in a light soup flavoured with mint and star anise, topped with thin slices of pork and served with grilled rice-flour crackers or sprinkled with crispy rice paper. It was the first time that I got to taste this kind of food and it's absolutely an amazing experience. Joohyun ordered a plate Gui con, Vietnam's own version of vegetable spring rolls and some spicy potatoes.

"What is it about?" She asked.

"The past. It was weird and confusing." I spoke with a sigh. "Yi-byeon was alive in my dream and he... killed them."

"What?" She asked in surprise. "B-But you said he's dead."

"In my dreams, he was alive. And he killed Mingyu... and Nayeon... and their kids?"

"That's scary." She spoke worriedly, I nodded. "Do you think something happened?"

"I don't know." I unconsciously clicked my tongue while taking a spoonful of food. I chewed slowly, looking out at the glass window that was beside us.

"You look cute even when you're worried, love."

"Aish! Ya, we're talking about my dream here not how cute I am." I playfully glared at the woman infront of me who was trying to stifle a laugh.

"But you look cute. You know, you don't even look so tired at all." Joohyun smiled sweetly. "Do you feel okay now?"

"Of course." I nodded subtly. "Seeing you smile like that makes me feel so better."

Sometimes, I don't feel like a man anymore. Joohyun makes me so damn soft, softer than I ever was. I've never been like this to a woman, I've never felt like this for my entire life. I always get so amazed how her beauty and kindness- when she was all so grumpy when we met- changed me as a whole.

"Why?" She asked with a cheeky smile on her face.

"You don't know?"

"Nope." She shook her head, making the 'p' pop out from her pink lips.

"That smile?" I pointed at her lips that was widely smiling at me. "I love that so much, it makes me crazy. Your eyes?"

"Mm?"

"When you look at me, I feel like you're... staring at my soul."

"Oh my god." Joohyun laughed. "You're so cheesy, Y/N."

"When you laugh, it's music to my ears." I chuckled, resting my elbows on top of the wooden table, propping my chin between my knuckles and kept my eyes staring at her. "And I love you so much, that's why."

"I love you too." She smiled widely, even wider than her 'wide smile' if it's even possible. "Come on, eat faster. You have to go back to work, right?"

"Alright, babe."

---

Joo Enterprises
8:00 PM

Right after when I drove her back to their dorm, I quickly drove to my place to take a shower and change my clothes. It isn't good for my image to be in the same clothes for two days, right?

I spent the rest of the day inside my office, trying to figure out which of the options was the best things to do while Chaeyoung made sure that every department was productive, she made her rounds with Ysa and monitored every department's progress.

And now, here I am inside the conference room, having my fourth cup of coffee for the day. I walked here and there while I tried to think deeply, the board was silent after all of the topics that we have discussed. They must have been tired as well.

"Mr. Joo?" Ysa called me in a whisper, her voice sounded as if she was scared to call me out.

"Yes?"

"I got a call from Mr. Lee-"

"Tell him I'm busy with things." I sighed and finally turned to look at my secretary. "We need to finish works here at the company, please tell him not to add up to my stress."

"Uhm... I'm sorry sir, but he told me to tell you as soon as possible." Ysa gulped nervously, still talking in a whisper. I glanced at Chaeyoung who sat on the head of the table, talking to the other board members who seemed calm right now, that we're already half way solving the problem of the company. Tapping lightly on her shoulder, I leaned over her shoulder and informed her that I had to talk to Ysa for awhile. The woman nodded with a smile and came back talking, refocusing on their topic.

"What is it about?"

"He told me about a party that one of his friends will be hosting and he wanted you to be there." Ysa spoke with her normal voice that we're now out of the conference room. "It could help SM Entertainment to make connections with the other artists from the other agencies."

"When is it?"

"Next week?" She spoke unsure. "It will be after our product's release date."

"Alright, tell him I'll be there."

"Yes, sir."

---

"Are we gonna stay here for another night?" Rosé asked while I sat on the swivel chair inside my office. Finally, after two hours, we finished the meeting with all the board members and told everyone to go home and rest.

"You should go home too, Chaeng. I can handle this now." I smiled but the woman frowned at me.

"You're gonna stay for another night, aren't you?"

"Nope, the development team took all the work from me so..." I smiled at her sleepily. "I'll try to get some sleep."

"You better do." She spoke. "I have practice tomorrow until lunch so I can't be here early. You'll be fine alone, right?"

"Of course." I smiled.

Staring at her silently, I couldn't still stop myself to get worried. The way how Chaeyoung cares for me, I hate that I can't pay her back. I hated myself that I couldn't do the same exact thing for her. But I'm glad that she understands. I'm sure someone will come someday who truly deserves her.

"Chipmunk?" The woman looked at me as if she was surprised, she smiled afterwards.

"It's been awhile since you called me that." She smiled at me.

"Is it?" I chuckled. I stood up from my chair and walked closer to her, her eyes watched carefully on what I was gonna do. I stopped when I was a feet away from her, snatching her arm and pulled her closer. I locked her body between my arms, giving her a tight hug. "Thank you."

"For what?" She asked with a laugh, placing both of her hands on my back.

"For being here for me. Anytime... even I-"

"Shush, I don't want to hear anything about that again." She lifted her head and looked at me. "You know that I'll always be here for you whatever happens."

"Thank you so much, Chipmunk." I chuckled.

"You're welcome." She smiled wider and pulled away from the hug. "Make sure you give Irene-unnie a call. We don't want her worrying about you again."

"Yes, I was about to." I spoke nodding. "Wait for me at the lobby? Let me drive you home."

"Okay, then."