48

Your POV

Sharpening the edge of the iron sword on my hand, I darted my eyes along the narrow pathway of the woods, wild bushes and branches were blocking the way, it was the perfect disguise for our hidden spot. Down the tall tree—which I think is the tallest tree here in the woods—Nayeon had her own hut, where she hid me for  months after saving me. It is where she helped me recover from all of the wounds that Cheoljong and his guards gave me.

Thinking of a better strategy to beat Cheoljong and his army wasn't easy, considering that there is only me and Nayeon to fight against them. It's two people fighting against a whole battalion, only having a 0.1 percent of success.

But the weak who is wise, will overrun the strong with false power.

"Y/N?" Hearing Nayeon's voice, I whipped my head towards the top of the tree, seeing her peek her head outside the window. "I'm done shining the armors."

"That's good." I smiled at her. "Let's fix your arrows after I finish this."

Pertaining to my sword, I raised it lightly and got a slight nod from the woman. She went back inside while I sat on the old wood near the bushes. As I finished off my blade, I raised it lightly, causing the ray of sun hit the metal that made my eyes hurt a little, a smile slowly appearing on my lips. You're coming to an end, Cheoljong.

When we finished crafting Nayeon's arrows, it was already night. I was walking along the woods with Nayeon beside me. The night is only the safe time that we step out of our hiding place, so here we are again, fighting the cold wind with the thick clothing that we were both wearing. Nayeon has her arrow tube on her back, she was holding her bow on her right hand. Holding the small lamp on my left hand, I aimed it towards the bushes on the left side, trying to find a specific plant that Nayeon needs.

"Do you see anything?" The woman beside me asked, I hummed no and began walking again.

"What does it look like again?" I asked with a hand scratching my head.

"It has pink flowers, the shrub is about six to twelve feet tall." She began describing the plant while we walked along the quiet path, until my eyes sighted something on the end of the road. "Pointy leaves..."

The shrub matches her description, a couple of pink flowers were blooming from here and there. I was about to call Nayeon's name when I felt a hand snatch me towards inside the bushes, a loud groan escaped my lips.

"Hush!" Nayeon whispered, grabbing tightly on the sleeves of my clothes, one of her hands quickly covered my mouth. "Someone's out there."

"Are they guards?" I asked as I minimized the volume of my voice, pushing her hand off of my lips. She just nodded, then moved closer to the end of the shrubs trying to see if the guards were still there. "You told me it was safe to come out at this time."

"If I were you, I'll shut my mouth or I'll shoot you at this close distance." Nayeon threatened that made me swallow as I close my mouth and kept silent. "You have long arms right?"

"Yeah." I answered in whisper, lifiting my arms a bit so that she could see.

"Can you get me one flower over there?" Nayeon pointed an arrow towards a pink flower from above us. Slowly, I stretched my arm towards the same direction and smoothly plucked off the flower she was pointing at. "Crush it with your hands."

Complying to what she was saying without asking, I simply pressed my hand on top of the pink object. A white liquid leaked out from my hands as I pressed further, Nayeon quickly took my hand and pressed the head of her arrow on my palm, she was covering it with the gooey sap produced by the crushed flower.