34

Walking on a stoned pathway, the man looked around confusedly. How come he's back here again?

The tall walls of the palace surrounded him, he looked at himself and saw his own figure wearing a white hanbok, his hands were tied by a thick rope in front of him. Out of nowhere, two men stood on either of his side, they were dressed like the palace guards, swords were on one of their arms.

"Why am I here?" He asked under his breath, almost inaudible. But one of the guards faced him with a creepy smile before he pointed at the direction in front of them.

There, he saw a figure. A familiar figure that made his body tremble in fear, it was his cousin, Yi-Byeon, standing firmly like the strong man that he was, he wore a red Gonryongpo, the crown called ikseonggwan was placed on his head. Yi-Byeon stared at him proudly, full of power and strength.

"No." He mumbled under his breath. "You were dead! You're already dead!"

"It's nice to see you, my dear cousin." Yi-Byeon spoke with a light chuckle. "You know Ihwan, there are some things that you thought are finished, but nope. Our story needs a proper ending."

"It was the proper ending. It was better that you were dead!"

"Then why do you think I'm here standing infront of you? Why do you think the heavens gave me the throne again?"

Shaking his head, Y/N closed his eyes and tried not to listen to his words. It's not real, it's a nightmare. Wake up, Y/N, come on!

"You don't belong anywhere but in Joseon." The King added with a firm voice. "You think you can escape from me, don't you?"

"Wake up, wake up." He mumbled with closed eyes.

"You can't escape from your past. You have no escape from the past!"

Irene's POV

Ruffling sounds of the sheets woke me up in the middle of the night, the bed moved up and down as I saw the man beside me roll on his side, he faced me with his eyes closed. I tried closing my eyes and settled back on the bed, cuddling closer to Y/N and pressed my forehead near his chin. But when his breath hit my head, it felt warm, it felt hot.

"Y/N?" I called out, looking at his face. I hurriedly sat up from the bed and held his hands, they felt cold, as if it was already turning into ice. "Oh my god. Baby, wake up."

I placed on of my hands on his forehead, feeling the blazing and sweating feel of his forehead.

"Y/N, you have fever." I spoke under my sleepy voice. But he wasn't responding, he did nothing but to just let a low groan escape his lips. I quickly stood up from the bed and went straight to the bathroom but even before I could open the door, someone barged inside the room.

"Oh my god!" I screamed in surprise.

"I'm sorry, Joohyun. I was at the kitchen then I heard your voice." Alice spoke in a worried tone as she approached me carefully.

"N-No, it's alright. H-He has fever." I said pointing at Y/N who was still on the bed. "C-Can you please get me a towel and cold water? A-And medicines too."

"Okay, I'll be right back."

Breathing in and out to recover from the shock when Alice entered the room, I walked back to the bed and touched Y/N's face. His whole body was now trembling, his hands were tightly clutching on the end of the sheets.

"Y-You were dead..." Those three words came out from his lips, making me look at him confusedly. "You're already dead."

"I had a nightmare, Hyunnie."