Epilogue I

Chaeyoung's POV

Silently sitting on my chair, I smiled to myself as I watched Y/N stand behind the podium on top of the wooden stage. He held the microphone between his hands while giving his speech in front of his thousand employees, looking strict and professional as he always was.

Beside me was his wife. She proudly watched the man who owned his heart with her hands clasped on her legs.

A year after their wedding in a private island in Hawaii, Irene and Y/N changed. They spent more time with each other while I, as the Chairman and President of Joo Enterprises was given the task to continue taking over Y/N's place until he's ready to get back to work. For months, I handled the company steady and I was able to improve the cycle of money that now, we had built another home for another set of employees.

JE Resources and Technology.

Today's event focuses on the newly built building and branch in China. Meaning, another building, Y/N needed someone to handle things when he's not around. The position was offered to Irene, his own wife. But Irene immediately refused, wanting to focus more on her work as a member of Red Velvet and being a good wife. Y/N didn't want to give the position to me since I've been busy on balancing my time with my practices and the company.

Then we all came up with one person.

"I've been with her since I was young and I know her skills are enough to take care of another home for Joo Enterprises. The new President of JE Resources and Technology, Nayeon Im."

From the red curtains on the side of the curtains, Nayeon came out with her chin held high, arms steady on her sides. She looked smart and elegant, dressed in a black glittery gown, the thin sleeves revealed her pearl white skin while the cloth dipped between her breasts. The laced bodice hugged her waist tightly, perfectly showing off her curves. Gone was the bruised and pained Queen, gone was her painful past. Gone was the woman who silently cried every night mourning his husband, gone was her weakness.

Nayeon was now stronger and smarter.

She was the girl version of Y/N.

Both came from the past, all weak and pained by their experiences. But now, they were both strong, they can both stand on their own feet without the help of anybody, without the help of me.

Ever since I started taking care of Nayeon, she reminded me of Y/N. How everything started between us, how we developed our good friendship that turned into a toxic one. I admit that I made the wrong move of giving him myself and falling without knowing his side. I shouldn't have been afraid to ask, I should have avoided getting hurt.

But it already happened. People can't change what already happened.

After their wedding, Y/N asked for me. The moment I saw him at the hallway of the mansion in his private island, I was locked inside a warm hug of the man I loved, so full of sincerity and gratefulness. That night, he thanked me for everything. For being by my side even if he hurted me so much.

I already forgave him for everything.

That night was the moment I knew that he always felt so guilty for doing things he shouldn't have done. We were both wrong, we both made mistakes. And all we should do was to forgive ourselves to move on, to proceed on another path of life. The same night, we were both able to forgive ourselves.

My lesson was learned.

Looking so handsome, I watched him march his way back towards the woman that he loved, the woman who caused my damage. Irene was the reason why Y/N chose to broke my heart, but I wasn't mad at her. I was never mad at her, but I was mad at myself. I was mad for letting myself destroy me, but I forgave my heart.