29

Irene's POV

SM Entertainment
5:48 PM

"Did he answer yet?" Seulgi asked as she gave me a bottle of water. We just finished practice and Y/N told me that he'll be taking me out for tonight. But he isn't answering my calls.

"No." I sighed as I twisted the cap of the water bottle.

"Maybe he's just... you know, getting ready?" Yeri sat laid on the floor, putting her head on my lap.

"Or maybe he's busy being CEO Joo." Joy shrugged.

"He told me that he'll be free tonight. He says he doesn't have too much work for today."

Honestly, I'm getting a little worried. What if he forgets? O-Or what if he gets into an accident? No, no. Think about happy thoughts, Irene. Happy thoughts.

"Don't worry yourself too much, unnie." Wendy taps my shoulder. "He'll be here soon. We just have to wait-"

*Ring... Ring...*

"Oh, there he goes." Seulgi nudged me as I watched my phone buzz on the floor of the practice room. "Answer it, unnie."

I took the phone and answered, putting the speaker close to my ears.

"Hello?"

"Hi, babe. I-uh. I'm very sorry." There's no explanation needed. The date's cancelled. "I had an emergency at work and we need to fix it right away, a-and..."

"It's okay." I forcefully smiled. "It's fine, Y/N. It's an emergency, I understand."

I exchanged glances with the girls and they seemed to be upset as well, but it's alright.

"Baby, I'm so sorry."

"It's okay!" I chuckled, just to make the atmosphere lighter. "There's still a next time, Y/N."

"Still." He sighed. "I'm so sorry. I'll make it up to you, okay?"

"Okay, babe." I smiled... weakly.

"Thank you for understanding. I have to go now."

"Okay, I love-"

*beep*

"...you."

I stared at my phone as soon as he hung up, a single tear escaped my eyes but I quickly wiped it away.

"Should we go out instead?" Wendy quickly suggests. "I'll tell our manager."

"What happened?" Yeri asked in a whisper, looking at me curiously.

"Work." I shrugged. "It's okay. He's a busy man."

"True." Seulgi tapped my back. "Come, unnie. We'll just take you on a date instead!"

I flashed a smile at the girls as they pulled me to stand up, Joy and Seulgi guided me outside the practice room while Yeri and Wendy took care of talking to our managers. We rode the van towards our favorite restaurant, the ride wasn't that long but it was fun inside. I watched how Seulgi and Yeri threw jokes on each other while Wendy always tried on stopping them. Sooyoung took advantage of the short ride to take a rest, she was sleeping peacefully at the backseat.

The few past weeks was a good start for me and Y/N. The man always made sure that he has time for me, that he always call and respond to my texts. Maybe I just got so used to it that I feel sad right now. I should understand his place, it's not just always me that he needs to take care of. Starting now, maybe I should get used to him being so occupied with work. Right, it's the right thing to do.