26

After the conversation, we came back to the restaurant and I asked Irene if I could help them. It made her happy, the woman helped me to dress up. She was the one to wear me the apron, as well as the black hairnet. The restaurant was very busy, it almost made us panic when there are new customers that would enter. I helped Irene's father on serving, while Jiyeon, Irene and her mother worked inside the kitchen. Oh, and Taylor helped us too.

"You were great earlier." Irene spoke smiling as she sipped on her banana milk. We were outside their house, walking along the dark road.

"You think?" I chuckled. "Do you think I'd be great if I'm a waiter?"

"Yes!" She laughed and clung onto my arms. "If you worked there, I'm sure you'll be the employee of the month."

"My apologies but I already have too much work." We both laughed.

"Mmhm, it's a shame." She laughed. "I'm so happy today."

"Me too." I smiled. "Good way to start the first day of the year, hm?"

"It's the best way." She leaned her head on my shoulders. "Thank you, Y/N."

"Thank you too." I kissed the top of her head. "For making it all so very fun."

---

Irene's POV

Y/N, Jiyeon and I planned on doing a movie marathon for the night. We've already finished two movies but now Y/N had already passed out to sleep. The man laid his head on my lap, I was sitting on the carpet on the floor. Jiyeon sat beside me while shoving a handful of popcorn into her mouth while I kept watching Y/N's serene expression, snores escaped his lips as he breathed. He looked very tired.

"You two look really cute together." My sister spoke while admiring us.

"I think so too." I grinned. Jiyeon laughed while shaking her head in disbelief.

"Could you be humble even for once?" She joked.

"Girls?" I heard my father's voice. I clamped my lips between my teeth, nervous that he found me and Y/N in this position. I was expecting the man to scold at me but instead, he gave me a wide grin. "Your man looks very tired, Joohyun."

"Dad!" I giggled. "Stop it."

"She's blushing, oh my." Jiyeon laughed. "I've never seen you like this before, unnie."

"Very true." Dad chuckled and sat beside my sister. "You've been hating on men ever since you were young. I think that includes me as well."

"That's not true." I laughed while brushing Y/N's hair."I love you so much, Dad."

"And I love you too." He chuckled then shifted his gaze to Y/N. "But I think now I'll be needing to compete for your attention?"

"No, of course not." I said shaking my head. "I will still love you above all men, Daddy. I promise that."

"I heard that." Y/N mumbled in a sleepy voice, making me look at him. He gave me a playful smile before I pinched his nose, making him groan.

"And there I thought you were sleeping." I spoke shaking my head.

"I was but you guys are a little noisy." He laughed and sat up, shifting on the carpet and accommodated himself beside me. "Just kidding."

"I think you guys should go to sleep now. Go to rest, you two will be on a long drive tomorrow morning." Dad spoke and held my sister's arm, as if giving her a signal that they needed to leave us alone for awhile. He threw a playful glare at the man beside me then pointed at him.

"No silly games, young man." He spoke firmly. "Joohyun, sleep with Jiyeon okay? I don't want us having babies to early."

"Oh my god." Y/N spoke in surprise.

"Dad!" I groaned with a sigh, but they just laughed and went into their own rooms, leaving me and Y/N alone in the living room. I looked at him and smiled, he just chuckled and let his head fall on my shoulders. "You seem really tired, aren't you?"

"Yeah." He spoke amid his yawn.

"We should go sleep then." I said standing up but he wrapped his arms around my waist, preventing me to move farther. He buried his face on the crook of my neck as I sighed. "Y/N..."

"Let's stay like this for awhile." He mumbled.

"Okay." I whispered. His lips placed a kiss on my shoulder, I allowed my eyes to flutter close and just enjoy the moment of us being this close. I felt warm around him, he was just so comfortable to be with. His breath collided against my skin, it made me shiver as my hands reached towards his hair, brushing it lightly. "We should really go to sleep."

"Right." He chuckled. I watched him slowly support himself on the coffee table as he stood up, then reached his hands to me. I grabbed him and pulled myself up but he pulled me into a tight hug that startled me. "Good night, Joohyun."

"Good night, Y/N." I smiled at him. He loosened his hold onto me, allowing me to pull away from his embrace. He watched me closely as I walked towards my room, but an idea popped into my head. I glanced at him and flashed a smile, he was completely unaware of what I was about to do. He just smiled back and yawned, his eyes slowly closing. I quickly took small steps back to his direction and tiptoed, pressing my lips against his cheeks. It startled him, his yawn quickly faded like a flash.

"Oh." He muttered.

"Sleep tight, Mr. Joo." I kissed the other side of his cheeks. Hmm, two kisses in one night. What a lucky man. I watched how his cheeks slowly turned red, he was flustered and surprised.

"You startled me with that." He said smirking, his hands cupping my face then he leaned closer. I clamped my lips, glaring at him.

"Don't you dare!" I warned. He pulled me closer, threatening me that he'll be kissing on my lips. "Y/N!"

He changed the direction of his face, pulling it upwards until his lips placed a kiss on my forehead. We both bursted out laughing with my head pressing against his chin.

"You are so beautiful." He whispered. I playfully smacked his chest and giggled. "Go sleep now. And don't you surprise me with kisses again or I'll—"

"Don't say it!" I spoke laughing, running inside the room then pushed the door shut, making Jiyeon jump in surprise.

"Oh my god, be careful!" My sister said angrily until she noticed me smiling. "Oh my, what happened outside?!"

"Nothing." I grinned and went beside her, grabbing the blanket over my body.

"You have to tell me!" She complained.

"Good night, Jiyeon." I laughed.

"You are so unfair, unnie!"