33

Dropping his exhausted body on the couch, Alice welcomed him home with an excited smile, as if the woman was waiting for him all day. It was unusual to see Alice around the living room, she often stays at the kitchen or her room.

"Welcome home, Y/N." The old lady greets him, he smiled back.

"Thank you."

It was three days ago since he came home when he decided to stay at the office and try to finish all the works that has deadlines for the week. Again, Chaeyoung stayed with him and so as Ysa so that they could finish all the work and now, they're finally done.

And by that, it means, he haven't seen Irene for three days.

He felt sad about it, especially when Irene already told him that their world tour was confirmed to take place the next week after this week, which also means, they won't be seeing each other for a very long time. Knowing those things didn't help him to finish work easily, but it became more stressing for him. Every time that he pauses reading on the paper works, the sudden thought of Irene not beside him for so long bugs his mind, keeping him out of focus unless Chaeyoung calls his name and tells him to get back to work.

"You have a visitor!" Alice's words took him away from his sorrowful thoughts as he looked at the woman confusedly.

"At this hour?" He looked at the time on his wrist watch.

'11:04 PM'

"She was waiting since this morning. And she helped me to prepare your dinner for tonight!"

Something was very unusual. Alice wasn't like this, ever. It was the first time that he heard her talk this excited, including the old lady's unnecessary hands gestures and facial expressions.

"Who is it?"

"She's in the shower. I told her that she could use the bathroom in your room since she informed me that she's your girlfriend! I just forgot her name. What was that again..."

A smile came onto the man's lips as he watched Alice think for the woman's name. But as soon as he heard the word 'girlfriend,' he knew who it was.

"Joohyun?"

"Oh, yes!" Alice spoke and smiled. "Right, her name's that one!"

The living room was filled with their laughter, he was thinking that Alice was all acting so funny these past minutes because of Irene's presence.

"You didn't told me that you already had a girlfriend, how could you young man?"

"I'm sorry. I forgot to tell you because all of this work." He sighed and massaged his temples.

Headache had been bothering him since this morning and he doesn't have any idea why. He didn't want to inform Rosé about it since he didn't want her to worry anymore plus, there are a lot of things that should be on top of the list aside from his headache.

"It's alright. Good thing Joohyun is very pretty, Y/N."

"She is." He spoke with a smile. "She is very pretty."

"I think I heard my name?" A soft voice that came from the stairs made his head whip from the direction, and there was his woman. Irene was still holding a small towel in her hands, she was drying her hair as she climbed down the stairs. "Hi, Y/N!"

"Hello there, Hyunnie." He chuckles and opens his arms wide, as if inviting the woman into a hug.

Without them noticing, Alice steps away with her eyes adoring the sight of the young couple cuddling on the couch. She took slow steps towards the kitchen, making sure she won't disrupt anything.