44

Irene's POV

"Where are you going, unnie? It's late already." Seulgi asked me as I took my coat from the rack.

"I'm going to take a walk." I answered and grabbed the knob, swinging the door open.

"Do you want me to go with you?"

"No, Seul. I think I need some time alone." I smiled at Seulgi's worried gaze. "I'll be back before midnight."

"Okay. Call me if something happens, alright?"

Earlier this afternoon, our manager picked me up from Y/N's building where I spent most of my time flipping around the pages of his journal. Then I decided to pay a visit at Joo Enterprises where it was currently under Chaeyoung's control. It has been days when I got so close to Chaeyoung, we got along well and I'm sure that when Y/N knows, he'll be so much happy.

I was walking along the alley with the cold wind blowing, I smiled and looked up at the sky, the Polaris was the first thing that I sighted.

"I'll be fine, Y/N." I mumbled to myself. "I need some fresh air."

But for the second time, the wind blew stronger. I stomped my feet under the darkness and glared at the star that shone, huffing.

"Stop making me go home. I'm still mad at you for leaving me!"

I kept still on where I was, waiting for the wind to blow once more but it became calm, the wind stopped blowing that made me smile.

"I'm mad but I still love you." I sighed and slid my hands inside my pocket. "I'll wait for you, no matter how long it takes."

A gentle rush of air came towards me, it made me smile as I begin to take steps once again. I was just staring at the road, watching my feet take steps. I kept glancing at the sky and forward, hoping that Y/N's figure would jump out and try to scare me. But I think if that happens, I'll just burst out into crying and hug him tight. Maybe I'd scold him a little, but I'm going to tell him how much I love him, how much I missed him, his kisses, his hugs, everything. I'm gonna tell him everything that happened while he's gone, I'm going to brag that my friendship with Chaeyoung is better than his.

"What do you think will happen if I follow this star, Y/N?" I asked looking at the bright Polaris. "Do you think it will lead me to somewhere? Perhaps where you are right now?"

There goes the gentle rush of the air, and I thought of it as a yes. So I kept my eyes darted at the sky, continuing to step forward without knowing where it leads me.

Until my own feet brought me into a bus stop. I looked around, on the side of the roads if there were people but only vehicles were there.

"Why did you bring me here, love?" I asked and looked around, maybe Y/N's gonna pop out all of a sudden, because why not? That's what he did before at the palace. I felt my feet hurting a little, so I decided to sit down on the bench on the bus stop to rest. "That was quite a long walk, Y/N. Do I look fat? You wanted me to exercise?"

I waited for the wind to blow, but there was none. I looked around once more and saw the sign printed on the top of the bus stop.

Seoul Daegu

A smile came out of my lips as I saw a bus coming, I sighed and stood up from where I was sitting.

"You wanted me to come home." I mumbled, setting my foot on the bus. "To Daegu, please."

---

The bus drive wasn't that long, but the travel wasn't so comfortable unlike when I was on a drive with Y/N. I could still remember myself watching his face while he focused his eyes on the road, he was driving with just one hand. The way he would lick his lips when it's all dried up due to the cold. It was also the first time that I felt so jealous on knowing about his friendship with Chaeyoung. He made music with them twice, but he never made music with us. That's so unfair!