57

We argued for the first time in two years.

Within an hour and a half, Irene and I fought about me, being discharged from this damn hospital. It was just yesterday when I woke up from the dead, and I had enough of it. I was bored, I wanted to just go home, to leave this place and start a new life.

But she insisted that I had to stay and wait until I heal.

The doctors had done their part, playing cross-stitch on my pale skin, injecting antibiotics that I didn't even need. I was done here and I know I would heal soon. I better do because I have a wedding to prepare for.

Gladly, Irene let me win this time. And even if she didn't say it, I knew she also wanted me to get home as soon as possible. With a huff, she pulled out her phone and gave Taylor a call to pick up clothes for the both of us, which the man followed. After thirty minutes, Taylor arrived with two bags in his hands, one was filled with my clothes and Irene's, then the other, filled with another set of clothes reserved for another person who stayed inside the room next to mine.

Nayeon.

She'd survived. She was alive, and here, with me. Still, I had no idea how everything happened and I'll have to find out as soon as I leave this place. I haven't talked to her yet, but Irene already did earlier this morning. It was just today that Nayeon woke up after she lost consciousness when—I don't know when. I figured out that she must be exhausted and surely, bruised for pulling me for hours in the forest.

I was nothing but happy that she was here with me. Her wish to come here at this world—to my world had came true.

I groaned as I slipped into a black shirt. Everything still ached, but I forced myself to not show, or else Irene would insist to start another fight. We haven't talked after our argument, only exchanging awkward glances at each other. Irene had locked herself inside the bathroom to take a quick shower, while I suffered to change my clothes caused by the tight bandages wrapped around my arms and my whole body.

The moment I heard the door unlock, I spun half of my body around. I caught her gaze, Irene just stared at me with a blank expression, then to snatch the hairbrush laying on the edge of the bed. I kept my eyes at her, not wanting to look away. I'd missed seeing her coming out from the bath, with her wet hair swinging over her shoulders.

My eyes landed on her left hand, on her ring.

I smiled as I remembered everything that happened last night, the smiles, the laughter, the way she answered my question.

Fuck, we're getting married.

Pulling the shirt down my body, I swallowed a groan and jumped off of the bed, walking towards where she stood, in front of the mirror. She met my gaze through the reflection, silently watching me as I wrapped both my arms around her. Irene's hands fell from her hair to her sides, not making a move to stop me. She allowed me to keep her inside my hold, I sighed and placed a sweet kiss on her shoulder.

"Don't be mad anymore." I broke the silence.

"I'm not mad." She shook her head, placing both hands on my arms. "Just upset."

"Then don't be." I traced her neck with my lips. "I'm sorry, Hyunnie. I had to go home. I want to stay at home than here."

"Why?"

"Because I'm tired, and you are too. I can't just stay here, sleeping all day while you tire yourself watching me to sleep. I'd rather sleep beside you, then. That would be a lot better."

Irene smiled and spun inside my arms, hands landing on my shoulders carefully to not hit any bruise in my body.

"Now, I do think so too." She smiled sweetly, kissing my lips quick. "In that case, should we go? The bed awaits."