15

After an hour of walking around the party hall and talking to our guests, I was tired and I needed to rest even for a bit. I accompanied myself on one of the tables, sitting on the chair with a deep sigh before sipping on the glass of red wine from the glass I was holding.

"Oppa!" Yeri cheered excitedly, skipping her way towards me. I smiled and waved at her, and the girl looked a little drunk, maybe due to the alcohol she's been drinking for hours. "I'm so tired!"

"Yeah, you kept dancing on the middle." I chuckled as she wiped the sweat on her forehead.

"It was fun though." She laughed and clapped her hands like a five year old kid. She was absolutely drunk. "You owe us some story telling you know?"

"Yerim's right." Seulgi interrupted, taking the seat beside the youngest. "You have a lot to tell."

"I'll tell you soon." I assured the two. A sudden memory appeared in my head as I remembered the book I left at their dorm. "Seul."

"Yeah?"

"The book..." I started, making her look at me to realize what I was saying. "Where is it?"

Before Seulgi could speak, Yeri passed out with her head falling to Seulgi's lap.

"Oh my god. Not now, Yeri!" Seulgi complained, making me laugh as I watch her tap the younger's face. "Bitch, wake up!"

"Do you want me to call your manager?" I offered but with a laugh, making Seulgi glare at me.

"It's okay, they're on their way." A familiar voice spoke from behind me, making me smile as I turn around.

"Come here, I need to talk to you." I said pointing to the chair beside me.

"I'm still mad at you." Irene spoke that made me chuckle as she sat on the chair, doing what I told her.

"I am very aware." I smiled while shaking my head.

"What do you want?" She asked looking at me with a sigh, placing her arms on the table. For awhile, I observed her movements a little just to realize that she's already drunk. The woman pouted and paddled her hands playfully on the table then looked at me. "Speak."

"Where's the book?" I asked her but she just smiled and shook her head.

"Secret."

The woman giggled and as she fixed her hair to remove it on her face, I noticed the pink blush on both of her cheeks. She looked so beautiful that I felt like staring at her forever.

"Where is it, Irene?" I asked once more but she just shook her head and laughed.

"She's drunk too, don't mind her. But she has the book." Seulgi spoke after watching us for awhile. When we both noticed that their managers were coming, Irene suddenly stood up but she fell back onto the chair.

"You okay?" I asked laughing. The woman just rolled her eyes at me. As their managers approached me and greeted me in a polite way, they informed me that it was time for them to go since almost all the girls were so wasted except for Seulgi.

"We're really sorry about them, Mr. Joo." One of their female managers spoke shyly but I just smiled before helping Irene who was trying to stand up.

"It's alright. Take them home safely." As Irene brought herself up while holding onto my arms, she looked at me then narrowed her eyes, leaning closer to my face. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Oh so just you know that," She paused for a second then reached one of her hands to my face, pressing her index finger on my nose playfully. "You look so good tonight, Y/N."

"Oh my god, she's gonna regret that tomorrow morning." Seulgi spoke before standing up from her seat after Yeri was successfully brought by two of their staffs.

"I know she will." I laughed and removed Irene's hands on my arms, letting her hold onto one of their staffs. "Go ahead and rest, Joohyun."

I whispered, making the woman smile before she nodded. The staff bowed at me once before taking her away, assisting the drunk lady to walk towards the exit of the hall.

"I think I can still stay for a little." Seulgi says sitting down again on her chair. The woman glanced at me as I took a seat, staring at her. Seulgi was wonderful that night as well. The girls did have their own styles but I liked how Irene showed off the most. "What happened to you?"

"Me?" I chuckled while shaking my head as a quick flash of memories ran through my head. "A lot, Seulgi. A lot."

"Can you tell me? We were damn worried about you, Oppa." She frowned then looked at me. I wrapped my fingers on the glass that contained a small amount of red wine, then to bring it to my lips as I sighed. "But I think even though you and Irene-unnie weren't that close, you built a stronger connection with her before you disappeared."

"Why? What happened to her?" I asked worriedly as I heard Seulgi sigh.

"She cried for months." She says simply. My eyes widened a little, surprised by what I just heard. "She told us she's okay but we heard her crying every night."

I was left staring at Seulgi as I felt my heart clench and my knees weaken. Did I made it really hard for her?

I felt guilty for the few minutes of staring at Seulgi. I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply, not knowing what to do. Should I make it up to her?

Seulgi smiled at me before standing up, drinking the wine on her glass until it was empty.

"But for sure, she's so happy that you're fine. She's happy that you came back." She placed the wine glass ontop of the table but I just stared at her. "Irene-unnie's never been this happy her whole life."

"Really?"

"Yeah. When you were talking to the guests, she watched you from afar with a great smile on her face." She continued with a wide smile. "Thank you for coming back."

"I never left you guys alone, you know?" I chuckled and opened my arms to give Seulgi a hug. "I just took care of some things."

"Yeah, without telling us." She mumbled against my chest then playfully smacked my arm.

"It was important business, Seul." I said pulling away from the woman.

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes playfully. "But can't you tell us how these happened?"

I stared at her for a little while, smiling as I admired her face that was so full of curiousity.

"I don't know how to say it," I frowned as she also did. "But it's all written in my journal, you know?"

I smiled as I left the woman surprised at what I said.

"It's in the book?"

"Everything is there, Seulgi."

"Oh my god." She gasped that made me smile. "Irene-unnie never let us touch it again. And as far as I knew, she never opened it as well."

"Then it's time for you to open and read it." I smiled and pulled out my wallet, then to open it and pull out one of my calling cards. "Once your done, I'll be waiting at my office."

"Seulgi? We need to go." A staff came to approach her. "Yeri's been throwing up outside."

"Ew." Seulgi disgustedly said before she took the card from my hands. "Then, I'll take my leave, Mr. CEO."

I laughed and watched how the woman go and walk away from me with a happy smile on her face. As I finished drinking the wine, I pulled out my phone from my pocket to call my driver.

"Taylor?"

"Yes, Mr. Joo?"

"We're going home. I'll meet you outside the hall."

"Yes, sir."