41

Chaeyoung's POV

"But you killed him already. How come he's alive?!" I asked in almost a whisper, he leaned his back on the brown chair of the library. His eyes showed confusion and anger, all mixed up.

"I-I don't know." His hands tightly held the first page of the sixteenth book, I lowered my eyes on the floor. If he's alive then... "I have to come back."

I kept my mouth shut, I was just staring at our feet that tapped against the marbled floor of the library, until I felt his hand tapping mine.

"Chaeng... Do you know that man?" I raised my gaze and looked at him, he was staring straight at the direction infront of him, he looked absolutely terrified that made me glance at the same direction.

There, I saw a familiar face who fiddled his fingers against the book that were placed on the shelves, he was wearing a simple shirt and denim jeans. The man was also wearing a cap, but I could recognize him.

"Oh, that?" I narrowed my eyes and looked at the man, making sure that I wasn't just seeing things. "Yeah, he's an idol from JYP. Jackson Wang."

"Chaeng..." Y/N called and glanced at me. I could see his eyes studying Jackson's figure from head to toe, his head was lightly shaking as he did it. Until he landed on the man's arm where we both saw a scar, he fixed his eyes on me again. "He looks like... Yi-Byeon."

"Who?" I asked confused.

"My cousin!" He whisper-shouted, as if he was being careful that the man might hear us. "Yi-Byeon. He's Yi-Byeon!

"No— that's impossible!" I protested immediately. "He's couldn't be your cousin."

"They look exactly the same." He spoke while I was thinking very carefully as I stared at Jackson's figure.

"Maybe he's your cousin's great, great, great, grand-son."

Silence took over once again, we were just staring at Jackson's figure. He took one of the thin books from the large shelve that looked like a children's book before he glanced around the place, as if making sure that there was no other people. I was pulled down by Y/N under the table, we were both crouching down just before Jackson could meet our gazes. When I was about to speak, he placed a finger against his lips, hushing me. Slowly, he told me to crawl behind the shelve beside the aisle where Jackson was. And so we did, we took a peek behind the small spaces of the books.

The man took out a black envelope from between the pages of the book then opened it, I gasped at what I saw.

It was a talisman that looked like Y/N's. It had the same characters written on it, except for it was white.

"Isn't that..." I tried to whisper but Y/N immediately covered my lips and stopped me from talking. He placed the talisman close to his lips then whispered something, and the next thing I knew, he was gone.

"Oh my god." It was like a quick swoosh in the air, his figure blurred in a fast motion before it disappeared from my eyes. Was that even possible? "Oh my god!"

"It is him." He spoke appalled, eyes blankly staring at where Jackson was standing a few moments ago.

---

Alice placed a glass of water on the counter top of the kitchen, infront of Irene who wouldn't stop crying while keeping the crumpled letter in her hands. Alice looked at me as if questioning, but I only shook my head and signaled her to go back to her room.