Welcome Home

A/N : Second chapter, just to put things in the right place. I'll do one more chapter today and then I'll see haha.

The last day before school

Here we go... "Riverdale, The Town with Pep!" is written all over the entrance's signs of the town. I don't know if this catchword is the best but at least they tried?

I try to stay positive seeing we don't have any other choice but coming here for the next year or so. My dad told me it's temporary but I don't know if I can trust him anymore.

I look at my sister who is sleeping between me and my mum. Since we left NY, the atmosphere in the limousine is strange. Veronica is nervous, mum is still lost in her thought and I can't stop thinking about dad.

Suddenly, our driver stops and mum leaves the car without a word. Veronica seems to be awake as she leaves the car too. I take a deep breathe and follow my family.

Later that night

Surprisingly, the Pembrooke apartments aren't bad at all, I never knew mum has this place but it's a good thing. The place is clean and luxurious, maybe more than what I thought it could be, so I'm not complaining.

In fact, even Smithers, our bellman, is awesome. He is kind and helpful, which was not really the same with Andre, dad's little dog, who was always behind our backs. Mum decides to go to Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe or some weird place like that and we are going with her.

Once we enter the shop, Veronica spots two young people enjoying their meals, she goes to them and I follow her to see if we can meet some students before tomorrow.

First thing that comes to my mind is aking them if the onion rings are good but for Veronica, things are different, she starts flirting with the boy who, judging by the look on the girl face, was on a date with a cute blond girl.

I laugh at my sister's references to Truman Capote and properly introduce myself.

"Anyway guys, I'm Jade and this is Veronica, my sister. Nice to meet you." I smile.

"Nice to meet you both." Say the blond girl. "I'm Betty Cooper."

"And I'm Archie Andrews." Continue the redhaired boy not taking his eyes off my sister.

"Are you going to be at Riverdale High tomorrow?" Ask Veronica.

"Actually yeah we will be there. I'm the one who will give you the tour of the school." Explain Betty with a polite smile.

"Perfect, well I guess we're going to let you guys finish your date, see you tomorrow." We say goodbye and leave without  waiting for an answer.

On our way home, I tease Veronica since I saw her eyeing the boy in the booth. She denies but quickly admits he is good looking. I truly hope she is going to have a good year. She is still too young to deal with daddy's shit and I will not allow him to break her youth like he did with me.