Back To Reality

After this eventful night, I brought V to our house, she looked exhausted and sad which caused my mom to get worried. But before she can do anything, V was asleep on her knees.

I look at them and decide to drink some white wine with my mum.

"So, how was the Semi-Formal?" She whispers.

"Awesome, I have a friend now, maybe more I don't really know but still it's cool. Soon, I will start to be myself" I wink at my mum and she smiles widely.

During the night

I hear my phone ringing. I don't even bother to look at the person calling me and I just pick up.

"Holy shit Lodge! You should come to the lake now! They found Jason's dead body." Yell an overexcited Reggie.

"What? In the lake? But didn't they search there before?" I'm asleep and I don't understand a thing.

"Yes! That's why it's weird Jade. Seriously you should come because there is something else."

"What?"

"He was shot, it's a fucking murder, he didn't drown!"

Holy shit. That's what I call bad news. I quickly end the call with Reggie and go to the shower. I put some clothes on and rush outside where Reggie is already waiting for me. As we arrive to the lake, most of the important people of the town and the school were already there. When I see Kevin he runs to me and tells me everything, how he discovered the body, with who he was and most importantly how Jason died.

I can believe it.. shot right in the forehead as if he was executed by some type of gang. This reminds me of NY and the horrible crime my dad is suspecting to do. I look around and spot my mom and sister, Archie, Betty, Moose, the Coach of the Football Team, Jughead and Cheryl.

Cheryl... the girl who said her brother drowned in the lake. Why didn't she talk about the gunshot? Did she know? Was it planned? Anyway, she looks like she didn't know shit about the murder so I guess I'll trust her on that one.

School Monday morning

(A/N : your outfit is in the description)

This morning everything felt different. No one was happy, no one was smiling, everyone was looking at everyone with a suspicious look on the face.

After buying flowers for Betty; because Veronica needed to apologize after what happened in the Blossom closet; we head to the school hoping this day can be better than this awful weekend.

I quickly spot Reggie and go to him.

"Hey there cutie" I greet me. "How was your end of the weekend?"

"Awful. You? Practicing your skills for football?" I ask.

"Yup. You should come and watch me sometimes, Chuck trained me well." He wiggles his eyebrows.

"I will. Plus I love watching handsome boys playing and tackling each other." I laugh.

"I thought you were more into girls Lodge" he smirks.

"Still am baby." I falsely flirt with him.

"You know what?!" He looks at me very seriously. "If you ever change your mind, come to me please, don't go to Chuck or one of this bastard, ok?"

"No problem Reg, you'll be my only one" I laugh and kiss his cheek before going to class.

School was boring as always until Mr. Weatherbee makes an announcement. The Pep Rally will take place as previously determined. Cool, I still don't know what is this thing but I think V told me she was cheerleading during it.

Then Cheryl starts to talk about her brother's death. Honestly I feel bad for her but her bitchy attitude will not make things better for her.

Before my next period, I try to find V to tell her I'll not come home with her after school as I stay to watch Reggie. She gives me the knowing look and I laugh at her thought.

"Nope, we are just friends. Don't even start me young girl." I playfully pinch her cheek.

"I miss you Jade.. we should hang out sometimes.." my sister softly whispers.

"Yes you're right. You got a cheerleader thing after school right?" She nods. "I'll pick you up and we're going to Pop's only together okay?"

"I would love that." She smiles.

We hug and I start to leave when I hear Tina and Ginger questioning Cheryl about Jason's death.

"Okay enough Chip and Dale let her be." I say looking at them harshly.

"Oh and why should we do this? She's totally able to do something like that." Say Tina.

"Well because..." I walk slowly to her with a devil look. "If you don't, I will personally make sure your little secret is exposed, got  it?" I fake a smile.

"Bitch." She scoffs before leaving.

Reggie told me some secrets about everybody in the school and Tina has quite a few seeing she cheated on her boyfriend with Reggie and made out with Chuck during the Semi-Formal.

"Thanks for that Lodge." Smile Cheryl. "You didn't have too."

"Yes I know but you don't deserve this Blossom, plus I believe you, you don't seem to be the "I killed my twin brother" type of girl."

"Even if I'm the HBIC of the school?" She raises her eyebrow.

"Mainly because you're the HBIC of the school" I wink and leave.

I don't know what is up with this girl but I like her. She seems like a bitch, she loves turning people down but this is nothing new for me, she is just like the basic NY girls. The thing that makes me change my point of view is this little insecurity she has when it comes to her family, this is something that worth exploring a little more.