The View From The Inside

I'm at Reggie's with some of our friends. We're laughing at something my best friend is saying when a text message notification pops up on my phone.

Baby Sist 😇💫: The Blossoms are crazy. I think I understand Cheryl a lot better...

Me : What happened?

Baby Sist 😇💫: Nothing much, it's all about talking, they accused her of Jason's death and they told me about dad...

Me : The hell? What did they say?

Baby Sist 😇💫: They wanted to know if it wasn't too hard to see my father leaving the house with the police...

Me : How do they know about it?

Baby Sist 😇💫: 🤷🏽‍♀️ but they seemed so self satisfied...

Me : Disgusting... be careful tonight okay?

Baby Sist 😇💫: I will. Have fun with Reg.

Me : Always 😘

Veronica's POV :

Big Sist 👑💞 : Always 😘

I smile at my phone and sit on Cheryl's bed. We start to look at some pictures of Cheryl and Jason. Damn he was good looking but they seemed to be happy only when they are together... I sadly think about Cheryl's family, they are so cold and distant... when I think about my family it's all smile and joy despite what happened with dad this summer. I'm so lucky to have a mum who protects me and a sister who is always by my side...

We start to talk about why she invited me and not Tina or Ginger. She tells me I was the one here for her during her panic attack at the Pep Rally and that her so called besties weren't there.

I instantly think about my sister, she was there for her too.

"You know Cheryl, I don't know what happened between you and my sister and I don't want to know but I genuinely think she liked you at one point."

She looks at me weirdly.

"So if you did something or even if you didn't, just text her, apologize or talk to her. She seems hard and cold but she is the best person I know really."

"Thanks Veronica, I'll think about it. But you know I truly think Jason would have like you."

I smile and I ask her about the public memorial but the conversation doesn't end like I thought it will. As I mention a plan to honor Jason's memory, Cheryl tells me her parents will kill her if she did.

They are definitely something else but not in a good way and the view from this inside is even more frightening.

Jade's POV :

"Thanks for the party Reg! It was awesome as always." I hug him.

"Have a good trip to NY, enjoy it." He whispers in my ear.

"Thanks babe. See you soon." I kiss his cheek and go home.

On my way home, my phone buzzes again.

Cheryl ❌ : I think we should talk about the kiss. Just know that I'm sorry for running away I was scared. I don't have an excuse for that but I thought you were going to talk to me about it. I was wrong. Sorry.

Well this was unexpected.

Me : I agree. I go to NY this weekend but we'll talk when I come back. Courage for this weekend, honor your brother as you should.

Cheryl ❌ : Great. Thank you, means a lot.

I close my phone and go to bed.

New York