Homecoming Night

I didn't felt like wearing a dress tonight so I chose a sexy outfit to please Cheryl. (A/N : outfit above).

I make my way to school and wait for Cheryl and Polly to arrive. When my girlfriend walks alone to me, I know something happened.

"Where is Polly?" I ask.

"She didn't feel like coming finally." She quickly says. "But enough with her, can we talk about your outfit?" She eyes me.

"You like it?" I smirk.

"I would bang you right now." She says biting her lip and I laugh.

"Well you're awesomely beautiful too but we can do that later, for now we have a party to assist to." I say and we enter the room.

We dance for a while and then she leaves to bring us drinks. I turn and see Veronica and Archie talking with Alice Cooper, this seems bad. I can't go to them because Cheryl comes back without drinks.

"Can we go? I don't want to be there and I can think of a million of things I rather do." She seductively says in my ear.

I smirk and we leave to the Pembrooke. My mum is here, V too so we'll have the house for ourselves.

We are now in my bedroom teasing each other but both of our phone can't stop ringing. We decide to finally respond and our reaction is the same. I look at her with surprise. FP Jones has been arrested for Jason's murder.

I bring Cheryl at Thornhill because her parents told her to come back quickly. Then I return home and I see mum and V sitting on the couch. I sit with them, white wine in the hand.

"If FP confesses, he might drag us into it. Talk about our dealings with the Serpents." I glare at her.

"Then at least we'll know if dad hired him to..." V says.

"No V..." she whispers.

"And if he did, and you can't pretend otherwise?" She asks.

"We'll cut all ties with him" mum answers.

"Bullshit." I whisper.

"He'll be dead to us." I look at her in disbelief.

"Enough." I storm away.

"We may not be able to walk away so easily mum." I hear V saying to mum.

Two days after

I'm trying to think about dad's next quest when Veronica comes to my room.

"Jade? Can we talk?" She asks softly.

"Sure. Come here." I pat the spot next to me.

"I might have trusted mum too easily." She whispers.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"She told me to be ready to leave. She told me about how she bribed the mayor for the drive-in land, how she paid the Serpents... she thinks she is guilty."

"Maybe because she is... listen Ronnie. Nor mum nor dad are innocent but they are our parents and we need to defend them against everything. I know it's hard, I know it sucks but we'll going to face it together okay?"

She hugs me and I kiss her temple.

"I'm sorry for what I said to you. I know Cheryl isn't like her dad but I don't want you to suffer because of her." She says.

"It's okay baby, I'm a big girl now, I know what I do. I can make the difference between my family and my girlfriend. You'll always be the first in my heart, understood?"

"Yes big sist'. I love you." She hugs me harder.

"I love you too."

This afternoon

"Mum we need to talk." I say waiting for my mum to come home.

"What are you doing here sweetheart?"

"Waiting for you." She looks at me weirdly. "Ronnie told me you're planning to leave."

"We have to be ready."

"No that's false. We don't need to cause FP will not say a thing."

"How can you know about it?"

"I'm my father's daughter mum." I smile ironically. "I took care of it and made sure your nerves will not betray us."

"I'm not weak darling." She says provocatively.

"Oh I know but you tend to panic easily." I smirk confidently. "Dad always said it was your worst habit."

"You really are like him. Always sure for yourself, not worrying about what can happen next." The look on her face softened.

"Is it bad?" I ask with some challenge in my voice.

She walks to me with a proud smile.

"Not for you. Not for us. But our enemies should watch you closely, I'm not the most dangerous Lodge anymore." I smile and she hugs me.

At school

I'm waiting for Cheryl to arrive at school. We already talked about FP and we both know something is off. She doesn't want to admit it but it was too easy.

I know today will be hard for her mainly if she sees Jughead but I hope he will not show up.

Once she arrives, she comes right to me and hugs me hard.

"I'll need you today" She whispers.

"I'll be there babe don't worry." I kiss her temple and we go to class.

At lunch

"Enough!" I hear Weatherbee yelling from outside of the cafeteria. Soon after it, I see Cheryl running away, crying. What the hell happened? I look inside the cafeteria and see Jughead. Shit. I run after Cheryl and find her in the locker room with Betty.

"This nightmare is over. But then, why doesn't it feel that way?" I enter the room silently.

A huge silent feels the room and I can't let my girlfriend like that. I walk to her and hug her.

"Everything is going to be okay."