Rebellion?

I'm at Thistlehouse, looking at Cheryl's archery training. Her precision and strength are better than ever, it's almost like what is going on with her family is making her stronger.

I smile when she hits the center but my phone forces me to walk away.

Incoming call : Toni 🐍😏

"Hey Toni, what's up?" I ask.

"What the hell Lodge?! How does he think he can do that?!" She yells in the phone.

"Wow please calm down. What are you talking about?"

"Your fucking father paying Tall Boy to cut Pickens' statue head and make everyone believe it's us!" She angrily says.

"Wait what? It cannot be him... why would he do something like that?" I try to understand.

"I don't know! You're the business daughter you got to know!"

"I... I don't have a clue Toni. I swear..."

"So He is not trying to tear us down from the inside?"

"Come on..." I start but she stops me.

"No! No more explanation! He wants a war he will have it."

"Toni don't be like that. Let me talk to him. Let him talk to FP and then do whatever you want but there is no need to start a war." I try to reason her.

"Be careful Jade. I know you're not your father but sometimes it does feel like you two are the same." She warns me and hangs up.

I walk back to Cheryl.

"Who was that?" Cheryl asks.

"Toni..." I sigh. "I have to go, I'll talk to you later."

I kiss her quickly and head to the Pembrooke. Then I go straight to my father's office.

"Why the hell did you do that?" I yell at him.

"Did What Jade?" He rolls his eyes.

"Paying Tall Boy to take the head of the Pickens' statue! What are you? 4? How childish is this?"

"Please..."

"No dad! I have enough! I am not Ronnie! You can't try to do things behind my back and then pretend it's nothing. This is not a part of a plan plus it is making everything worse! I work my ass off to try to set everything perfectly for you and mom, I went all over Montreal and NY to invite your business friends, I've spent more day that I can count on the Southside to spot the best places, I'm lying to my sister every time I open my mouth, I upset my girlfriend so I can remain untouchable; all of this for your business to be successful! And you do that even if you perfectly know it's unnecessary and that it could reveal our true intentions to the Serpents?! What are you thinking about?!"

I finish and it's the first time I see my father speechless. He looks at me half angry half ashamed.

"Don't forget who you are talking to Jade." He tries to sound frightening.

"Oh but I know who I am talking to. My father, the man who tries to handle a business bigger than he thought it will be. So I suggest you not to forget who you are talking to. Don't forget I know this business better than you do and without me it will not be as easy as it is now."

He doesn't respond, just as if he doesn't know what to say.

"Just so you know. Mayor McCoy is about to give up informations to Jughead and the New Yorkers are seriously thinking you killed Poppa Poutine." I fake a smile. "But as I am the only reasonable person in this room, I already said to Sierra to come tonight so you guys can discuss things and I have set a reunion here with all the New Yorkers this weekend."

"Thanks Mija but i can handle it myself."

"Yeah sure." I scoff and start to leave. "You only have four days to find something to keep Ronnie out of town this weekend. Be creative."

I exit the office and leave the house. I decide to go to the Whyte Wyrm to see Toni. As I enter, I hear the huge growl. All the Serpents are looking at me like they are going to kill me.

"What are you doing here Lodge?" Ask Sweet Pea. "Didn't your dad make enough already?"

"I'm not my dad Sweet Pea. But if you really want to fight me, please do. I would love to express my angriness right now." I glare at him and he backs off.

"I don't fight girls. Unfortunately."

"Or you're just scared." I say walking to him.

All the Serpents are booing and someone stops them.

"Enough. Jade, come with me." Toni commands.

We walk to the back of the bar.

"Why did you come here? Are you crazy?" She asks.

"I'll need you for something Toni..." I look at the ground.

"What is it?" She seems worried.

"Well with everything that is going on right now, I can't stop upsetting Cheryl and I don't want that. Later I will go to her house and ask her for a break..." I start to explain.

"Oh no you're not." She points her finger at me warningly.

"I will. That's why I need you to be there for her. Don't let her alone, don't let her hurt herself okay? Try to make Penelope unaware of it or it could be awful..."

"Why do you want to take a break with the only thing that makes you happy Jade?"

"Because I can't lose her forever... if I do this now there will still be a chance for me to get back with her. I don't want to lie to her. I don't want to hurt anymore okay?" She looks at me sadly. "Will you do it?"

"I..." I plead her with my eyes. "Okay.. but hurry up. Don't let her suffer too much. I'll be there for her and for you once you're done. You guys are made for each other, it shouldn't be this way..."

I hug her tight, kiss her forehead and thank her. Then I leave to Thistlehouse where I ask to Cheryl to take a break in our relationship. She obviously refuses but I don't let her the choice, I tell her I love her but that it's better this way.

Before she can argue more, I leave and go to Mayor Office so I can make sure everything went well between my parents and Sierra McCoy.

But when I arrive, I find Ronnie in the office warning her about our parents' plan to expose her... why did you do that Ronnie?

I hide myself when they exit the office and I decide to go for a walk. On my way, I see my mom and Arthur Adams, one of her capos, talking. Since when is he in Riverdale?

"Did he say something interesting?" Ask my mom.

"No. He is loyal even the threats against his father didn't work. You can trust him." Arthur says.

"Perfect, tell Andre to drive Archie to the falls at midnight. I'll have a few words with him. Welcoming him to the family."

This time it's enough. Testing Archie loyalty by pressuring him? That's clever okay but going to frighten Fred to make it worse for Archie? What kind of torture is that?

I look at my mom leaving the Pembrooke in the car driving by Arthur and I go to my room.

This night I thought a lot about this whole story and I think it's time for me to turn tables. I'm going to take control of this thing and if my parents aren't okay with that, I guess I will have to start a rebellion.