Don't Be Afraid Of The Unknown

"Archie told me he loves me...." Ronnie says.

"Is that a bad thing?" I chuckle softly.

"No, well maybe..." I raise my eyebrow. "I didn't say it back..." She sighs.

"Oh" what am i not surprised.... "you know you don't have to say it back if you don't want to Ronnie. Love is not something you control."

She sits on my bed heavily.

"The thing is... I wanted to say it back but I can't... it doesn't want to come from my mouth. It's like I'm suddenly muted." She explains.

"Ronnie listen." I sit next to her and take her hands in mine. "Remember the first time I've dated Savannah?" I ask.

"Yeah... kind of." She shrugs.

"Well we've been in a huuuge argument because I couldn't say I loved her..." I chuckle at the memory. "And she was my best friend first, then my first love, my first time, basically everything I've done in my life was with her or thanks to her. Yet I couldn't say those three words."

"How did you two go through it Jade?"

"She has been patient and understanding... she listened to me and what I thought about love." I pause and think. "You know, love is not something given, you have to learn and work on it. You have to find the reason why you can't say it Ronnie, I had mine and I went over it."

"What was it?" She asks.

"Oh darling, I will not say it now. Find yours first, I don't want you to be influenced by mine." I kiss her temple and hug her.

"Why is it such a difficult thing to do?" She asks once again.

"Because we are all different. Sometimes it's easy because you already know but sometimes it takes times. Archie is a good guy, he will understand." I confort her. "Just don't give up on him because of what he said."

"Thanks big sist..." She hugs me tight and leaves.

This afternoon

I arrive at Pop's and see FP Jones in a Pop's uniform.

"It does suit you well, for a non-leather jacket thing." I smile at him and he chuckles.

"Lodge. It's about time. It's nice to see your humor hasn't vanished during my jail time." He hugs me.

FP and I have a weird relationship. I had to work with him for the drive-in deal and since then he always acted like I was his daughter. He usually says I remind him of his daughter which I am flattered about.

"Can I get you something?" He smiles.

"Of course, vanilla please." I smile back.

"No problem. I'll bring it to you."

I thank him and look around. I spot Cheryl and Josie in a booth so I join them.

"Hello ladies." I say confidently.

"Why were you talking with this blood cleaner? And why did he hug you?" Cheryl attacks me.

"Wow I wasn't excepting such a brutal greeting but well...." I look at Josie and she looks surprised too.

"Just answer my questions."

"Okay.." I scoff. "He is a man I respect and with whom I have a good relationship. I'm glad he is back. That's all."

"You're glad the man who help my dad cleaning my brother's blood is back?" She glares at me.

"Listen babe. If someone ever frighten me to kill Ronnie if I don't help him clean some blood, I'll do it without even thinking. FP wanted to protect Jug nothing more. Do I understand your angriness against him? Yes for sure. Will I treat him like a criminal because of that? Absolutely not."

She doesn't respond but instead throw her milkshake on the ground.

"Clean that up, plebe. The way you did my brother's blood." She says to FP.

"The fuck Cheryl?" I frown.

Jug stands up to but FP stops him.

"Jug, Jade. Don't." He starts to clean up the mess my girlfriend made. "I'll bring you another one right away. On the house."

He leaves and I look at Cheryl who seems proud of herself.

"And you're proud of that?" I point at the ground. "Then you know what? Don't talk to me for some time. I don't want to be around that bitchy part of yours."

I leave the restaurant angrily. I walk without knowing where and I end up in the Southside. Since I'm here I decide to go to the Whyte Wyrm, it's been quite some time. I enter and sit at the bar.

"Why are you this angry little business girl?" Chuckle Toni.

"My girlfriend is doing things I don't like but I can't really get mad at her for this so I just try to keep my anger inside." I fake a smile.

"Does it have something to do with FP being out of jail?" She asks.

"You're clever Topaz. I like that about you."

"This goes right into my heart." She laughs. "But if I can suggest something, give her some time, you'll be fine again I promise."

"I hope so." I smile.

Then I feel a presence next to me.

"Thanks for standing up for FP. Not everyone will have done that." Betty Cooper says.

"Betty.. what a surprise." I scoff. "What are you doing it?"

"I have to talk to Toni. And I could use your help too." I nod. "I want to organize a party for FP's retirement and Toni is helping me already."

"Okay fun, tell me what I have to do." I smile.

I need to change the thoughts being inside my head.

The next day

I get out the shower and dress for the party.

(A/N : your outfit. I just a leather jacket with it.)

As I finish my make up, Ronnie enters my room.

"I thought about what you said to me and talking with mom made me realize something." She sits on my desk's chair.

"I listen."

"I can't say I love Archie back because I'm not used to it. Mom and Dad are never saying it to each other...."

I chuckle seeing she has the reason as I had.

"See... now you understand..." I say and kneel down in front of her. "Do you remember the first time I said you loved you Ronnie?"

"Hell yeah.. just after dad's arrestation when you promised me to always be there for me." She smiles.

"Exactly.. it didn't mean I didn't love you before, it's just we, the Lodge family, are not used to it. We only say it when we mean it and know we have to."

"So you don't say it to Cheryl?" She asks.

"Well, it's a bit different in this case since Cheryl really needs to hear it often. With her lack of love due to her family, I have to remind her I love her quite often." I chuckle. "But Archie is a grown man, he can handle your relationship without hearing you love him every second."

"Do you think I should tell him once?" She asks.

"If you want to and if you mean it then yes absolutely. But don't do it only to please him or stopping from run away from you, Okay?" I extend my hand.

"Okay." She taps my hand and we leave for the party.