The Semi-Formal Night

A/N : i hope you enjoy the story and I think this chapter will be a little bit more interesting.

Reggie Mantle is waiting for me at the entrance of the Pembrooke apartments. When I come his way, a huge smile appears on his face.

"Wow Lodge, didn't think you'll be all dressed up for me tonight." He smirks.

"Oh sweetheart, this is nothing, I can do so much better." I walk to him with a charming look on my face and I can feel his eyes on me all the way.

"The boys are going to be soooo jealous" he laughs at himself.

"Let's go, shall we?" I say kindly and he takes my hand to lead me to the car.

As we arrive at the Semi-Formal, everyone start looking at Reggie and I. I can tell he is very happy at this moment and I'm glad I accept to come with him. Judging by the small talk we had in the car, he seems genuinely nice.

I dance with Reggie for a while, we talk, we laugh, he knows how to joke around so I spend a great time. Us finding out we were going to be only friends made this all thing a loooot easier and it's cool to know I'll have a friend here.

Once we're done dancing, I try to find Veronica and I join her and Kevin in a crazy attempt to make Betty and Archie kiss. I laugh at their behavior and I imitate them so Betty will see we are all supportive. But unfortunately, Archie leaves and Betty is alone in the middle of the dance floor.

"Anyway Jade! How was your Semi-Formal experience with the handsome Reggie Mantle?" Interrupt Kevin.

"Well, he is a nice guy but we're going to be friends, it feels better." I smile.

"Happy to hear it, he seems like a jerk honestly. Plus, I thought you were more into girls" wonder Veronica.

"Still the same yeah, but thanks to out me in front of our friends V." I laugh nervously and V mouths a little "sorry".

"Oh don't worry, she told us already, it's fine, i don't mind you being attracted to both girls and boys" say kindly Betty.

"And I'm the gay best friend remember?" Laugh Kevin.

"True, thanks guys, it means a lot." We all smile and enjoy the party.

After the Semi-Formal, Reggie invites me to go to Cheryl's after party which I gladly accept. Most of the school is at this party but at one point some people start to leave. Only Betty, Veronica, Reggie, Archie, Cheryl, her following cheerleaders and I are still here.

Cheryl decides it is time to do "7 minutes in heaven" in her closet. Great. Not awkward at all. She chooses Archie as the first contestant and Reggie seems a little too excited at this thought. He spins the bottle and it stops on Veronica. Shit. That's not good for Betty... there is something between Archie and my sister which is undeniable and I don't think they will resist to this game.

As they go, our little group splits up and I am still sitting on the couch facing Betty. Suddenly we hear a noise coming from the closet and I definitely know what is this sound. Betty too visibly since she starts to run away. She is too fast for me and I can't even move to follow her.

"Hahaha and this is done. 10$ for me Reggie." Cheryl says.

"Really guys? A bet on my sister the first day? That's not cool." I say with a devilish grin.

"This was too easy" starts Reggie "Plus you chose Arch so it's not even fair" grumble the tall guy.

"Don't play with me Reggiekinks, I'm the Queen that's all." Laugh Cheryl.

Reggie leaves the house visibly irritated by the lose.

"We should do a bet." Say Cheryl.

"Oh really?" I smirk. "What kind of bet?"

"You will be in love with me before the end of the year." She states.

"Confident much?" I laugh pretty surprised.

"Are you scared to lose NY babe?" She slowly comes to me.

"You wish." She is now very close to me. "You'll be the first to be in love. That's my bet, and I never lose." I whisper in her ear.

I feel her shiver slightly but before we can continue our interesting talk, the closet door opens and Veronica runs out the house.

"Guess we'll have to wait and see then" smirk Cheryl.

"Hell yeah." I smile brightly and then run after my sister.