The Blackmail Art

I know Cheryl is always the last in the locker room after the cheerleading practice. I open the door slowly and she doesn't hear me. I look at her doing her makeup before talking.

"How on Earth am I so lucky?" I smirk.

"Give a girl a warning, will you?" She turns to me with a bright smile.

"Oh did I scare you baby?" I walk to her.

"Yes and I think you should make it up to me." She whispers sensually putting her arms around my neck.

I kiss her softly but before it could become heated, Betty Cooper makes her presence felt.

"I don't want to stop you guys but I have to talk to Cheryl." She looks at me. "In private."

I look at my girlfriend and she nods before kissing me quickly.

"I'll wait in the car." I leave them alone.

Once Cheryl comes out, she looks afraid and lost.

"What happened babe?" I ask worried.

"Betty Cooper is a bitch. She is blackmailing me." She says.

She explains the entire situation and I know what I have to do.

"You know what? Do what she says, take the video back and then let me handle it. Okay?" I kiss at her and drive her home.

I'm going to take care of it. She wants to blackmail my girlfriend, I'm going after her boyfriend.

Later that day in front of Southside High.

"Lodge. What can we do for you?" Sweet Pea asks me.

"You know Jughead Jones is coming here soon right?" He nods. "Make him a Serpent."

"That's all?" He asks.

"Yeah easy isn't it?" I smirk.

"Hell yeah. I love doing business with you Lodge." He takes the money. "Toni says hi by the way." He winks.

"Kiss her for me Sweet Pea." I wink back and leave.

What can be worse for the little perfect Betty than her boyfriend being an actual serpent? I can't think I will find.

Later that afternoon

I'm looking at Cheryl and the Pussycats rehearsing when my phone buzzes.

Sweet Pea 🐍 : He isn't easy to convince... Tall Boy says he don't want to be a Serpent.

Me : Let the Ghoulies exercise their magic then and try again

Sweet Pea 🐍 : Yes chief...

Me : Thanks.

I look at the hour and it's time for me and Cheryl to go to FP trial. I encourage her to be honest, sure she has the right to be angry at FP but he was forced to help Clifford so the fault is not only on him.

We leave quickly after the trial and I drop her off at her house so she can prepare for tonight.

I decide to go home and try to convince my dad to come to Pop's tonight.

"Dad?" I ask in the living room.

"Office!" He yells back.

I walk there confidently and go next to my dad kissing his cheek.

"How is business?" I ask.

"It makes progress." He answers quickly.

"Perfect. Well I'm here to ask you to come to Pop's tonight. It's a good way to show Ronnie you are ready to make things better between you two."

"I'll think about it but you're right."

"As always." I wink and walk to the door.

"Jade?" He stops me. "Will you present your girlfriend to me tonight?"

"Well.. if you want to then yes absolutely." I smile.

"Perfect." He smiles back.

I quickly change and go to Pop's where all the people seem ready to hear the Pussycats. Josie is leading the way but I can't take my eyes off of Cheryl. She is dancing and singing beautifully and it makes me smile at her. She spots me and sends me a playful smile. I laugh and enter Pop's.

"Mom, Dad." Say Ronnie. "I've been thinking. Tonight is a new beginning to Pop's and maybe it can be for us too."

Yes, please yes. I smile behind them.

"That's up to you mija. If that's what you want." Dad says.

"Let's try. But, you guys, total transparency, okay?"

Oops. Well almost then.

"Isn't it my family finally reconciled?" I ask from behind.

"J! I'm glad you're heard that." Ronnie says. "I'm trying to be a big girl, see?"

I smile and hug her tight.

"In the spirit of that, I propose that Lodge Industries make a charitable contribution." Dad smiles and they go to a booth.

Ronnie goes to the bar and I see Cheryl talking to Betty and Jughead, taking the USB key from them and going out Pop's.

"Babe. Wait." I say and she stops.

"I have it. It's over." She smiles weakly at me.

"I know I saw it." I kiss her hand. "In fact there is something else."

"What is it?" She says worriedly.

"My dad wants to meet you...." I smile awkwardly.

"Now?" I nod. "OMG no I'm not dressed to impress! Can't we do that another time?"

"Come on, you're perfect just come." I laugh.

I take her hand and lead her to my parents' booth.

"Mom, Dad." I say. "This is Cheryl, I know you know her mom but dad, she is my girlfriend." I smile to them.

"I'm happy to finally meet the one who makes my daughter happy." My dad says checking her hand firmly.

"It's really nice to meet you M.Lodge." She smiles. "Ms Lodge, I wanted to apologize for what I said to you before... I wasn't at my best and I hope it will not make you hate me..." she lowers her head.

"It's okay Cheryl. I accept your apologizes, if Jade is happy with you then I'm cool with it."

"Thank you mom. Alright, I guess we are going to let you enjoy the milkshakes..." I kiss my mom and come close to my dad. "Congrats future owner of the Pop's". I whisper.

He smirks at me and I bring Cheryl to another booth. I know what my dad is thinking about that charitable contribution. It's bullshit plus I know he proposed to Pop's to stay manager of the restaurant in exchange of silence.

Since Pop's is going to talk, we are all gathering. Cheryl is with the Pussycats sitting at a small bar and I'm just behind her laughing with Reggie.

As Pop's thanks my parents I look at them and I see my dad explaining everything to my mum. They exchange a smirk like two badass business people. I love them and they manage to make their way out of Ronnie watch once again.

Poor Ronnie, I hope she will not try to understand anymore.