Silent Talk

When the Blossoms went to school this morning to bring Cheryl home, I saw the fear on her face. She wasn't okay and she didn't want to go back home.

In the middle of the day, I decide to call her to see if she wants to go for a walk with me. She hesitates a bit but accepts. So here I am waiting in front of Thornhill. This place screams craziness and madness. I try not to shiver but I wasn't ready for the cold sight of Thornhill (outfit above). Cheryl doesn't take long to appear tho. She tells me to hurry up because her parents aren't home but they will be back soon.

After some minutes of silence in the car, I look at Cheryl and she seems lost in her thought.

"Huh well how was your meeting with the Sheriff?" I ask to start the conversation.

"Normal. Told him I didn't kill JJ but I've heard a gunshot."

"Did you tell him for the plan?"

"I did." She starts to play with her hands. "But he wasn't sure of my version."

"And your parents?"

"Jerks. I swear they are hiding something." She spits angrily.

"Don't be like that. They lost their son too."

"As if they cared." I turn my face to her. "They aren't good Jade, they are nasty and cold and horrible and..."

"I get it, I'm sorry I wasn't trying to defend them it's just sometimes you think something bad about your parents that you shouldn't think...." I whisper the last part.

"What was that?" Ask Cheryl as I park in a beautiful place.

"Nothing sorry. Do you like this place?"

"Yeah, it's amazing. How do you know it?"

"Well my mum told me about this place so I guess I wanted to come and see by myself." I smile.

"Why are you all nice and good with me Lodge?" Wonder Cheryl.

"I don't know. Guess I kind of find myself in you?" I say looking at the beautiful landscape.

"How so?" I can tell she is intrigued.

"You're in this situation where you know something is wrong but you can't tell anyone because it will ruin your life and your family."

"My family is already ruined." Say harshly Cheryl.

"Mine too." I look at the floor and sit.

A huge silent makes its way between us and we just stay like this for a moment.

"Archie said he heard the gunshot too." Suddenly say Cheryl.

"Really?" I am sure Grundy has something to do with it.

"Yeah he was jogging or something."

"Great." I say without more to say.

Cheryl's eyes stay on me for a long moment but I don't move, I'm still looking at the view and this is frustrating for her.

"I think I should thank Andrews for this." She says.

"You should ask Josie to help him with his music."

"Really? That's a good idea actually." She pauses. "How do you do this?"

"What?"

"Being so far away from everything but still being everywhere." I laugh at her comment. "Don't laugh I'm serious. You act like you don't care but you're always there for the others."

"Not true."

"Oh really?" She playfully challenges me. "So you didn't help Betty to make the cheerleading team, you didn't help your sister with her apologizes to Betty, you didn't help me when I was sad and you didn't just give me the best idea for Archie?"

"I..."

"Yes, you are amazing." Say Cheryl. "I wish I was like you."

"Don't wish something like that, I'm not a good person Blossom, I don't deserve your compliments."

I didn't realize how close we were until she pulled away getting back to the car. I take that as a "bring me back home" and I follow her.

"You're such a mystery." She conclues sadly.

Later

"Where are you going?" I ask as my sister exits her bedroom.

"On a date with Chuck." She responds and I frown.

"Be careful. He is a jerk V." I try to warn my sister.

"Don't worry I know."

And with that she leaves. Knowing her with Chuck makes me feel nervous. She is my little sister I don't want him to break her heart. So I call Reggie so I can spend the evening with him and try to know things about Chuck.

The next morning

"Hey Lodge! Heard your sister is a slut, do you love sticky maple too?" Laugh a stupid boy.

I've seen what Chuck did to my sister and what he posted. Let's just say I am not in the mood for this stupid shit. I've already sent Betty find some other girls who went on a date with Chuck so she can try to find something about him.

But for the moment this boy is playing with my nerves. I walk to him, grab his collar and push him against the locker.

"Repeat it bastard." He doesn't move or say a thing. "that's what I thought. Call my sister slut one more time and I'll break your neck. Understood?" He nods madly. "Good boy. Now go away." I smirk proud of my power.

I walk down the hall and everyone look at me in fear. At least now they know not to play with a Lodge.

Later

"Hey big sist'! Can you drive me to the school please?" Ask Veronica.

"Sure but why do you need to go back to school now? I'm pretty sure no one has class at 11 pm." I chuckle.

"You're right, in fact I'm going on an investigation with Betty, Kevin, Ethel and Trev."

"Oh well okay, what are you searching for?"

"Chuck's playbook where the football team keep scores." She explains.

"Wait... Keep scores? Like they give you a note or something?" I try to understand.

"Exactly. And I bet your new bestfriend is the same fuckboy as Chuck."

"Oh come on V, Reggie is a good guy. But anyway, I'll come with you. If Chuck did this to you, I need to know."

"Promise me you'll let me handle it. I know you're the big sister but I've got this."

"Alright. You're in charge this time little sister." I hug her and we leave.