Sorry Daddy

After a complicated night, I return to the Pembrooke. I make sure my dad is not home and I decide to talk with my mom.

"Mom, I need you to be honest. What do you know about the prison and the SoDale project?" I ask.

"Well, What do you want to know exactly?" She visibly doesn't understand.

"Okay.. Listen I need you to tell me how much you know about my contribution to the project, what dad told you about it and about his real project." I tell her and she frowns.

"Is there something I don't know?" She asks.

"That's what I'm trying to know mom." I sigh.

"Well, what I know is you did researches for us to have some good places to buy and you helped with the Serpents, giving them money sometimes. And for your father, I know he wants to build a prison so he can make profits out of it."

"Tell me you just summed up mom..." I plead.

"I'm scared I didn't, why?" She raises her eyebrow.

I explain everything to her and the more I talk the more her face changes into a frown.

"So you were the brain behind the SoDale project..." She whispers.

"Yes at the beginning but dad is never happy with the legal things so he took my project and turned it into this giant illegal thing." I sigh.

"Why are you still with him then?" She frowns even more.

"You know it's not easy to get away from that.. my name is on everything, if I try something now he will destroy me."

"But if you're not into it anymore, with who is he working?" She asks.

"Well the Ghoulies will be his army and drug dealers while Claudius Blossom will bring the drugs, Penny Peabody will master the business from the inside, Penelope Blossom will be the brothel keeper and Sheriff Minetta will make sure no one tries to mess with his business..." I tell her.

"If you know everything, why didn't you stop him, Mija?" She wonders.

"I don't want to start a war with my dad... plus I think I know a way to get away from it without him thinking I'm betraying him."

"Tell me." She straightens.

"You have to make Veronica act against him. I know she told you things about being a puppet in dad's business. Agree with her, give her an advice such as buying the Whyte Wyrm so she can trade it over Pop's later." I say.

"Why? What's the use?"

"The Whyte Wrym is the final piece, Dad needs this more than he needs anything else. He will give up on Pop's to have it. Knowing him, he will maybe take Ronnie's parts of the industry in the deal too. But with Pop's on our side, we block his way to the Northside which is already great. Moreover, I'm willing to sell my parts of Lodge Industries to you mom."

"What?" She frowns.

"Once Dad will have Ronnie's part, he will be powerful but if I give you mine, you'll be more powerful than him. This way I'm getting out of his dirty business and you keep the power over him." I explain.

"No we will be 50/50 honey? I will not be over him."

"That's where I see you don't know shit about this business mom...." I sigh and she glares at me. "When we signed the company status, Dad made sure an 50/50 situation can't happen. He gave you 25%, he took 25% so nobody will say he was trying something bad but then he decided to put 26% of the capital under my name so I could be the one to decide, letting only 24% to Ronnie. By giving you my parts, I'll make you the majority shareholder."