Hard Times

A loud knock on my door wakes me up. I sleepily open the door and a Blossom storm enters.

"I need your help! You're a business girl I'm sure you know things about that!" She quickly says.

"Hello to you too baby, what can I do for you?" I smile at her hurry state.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you up?" She realizes the way she entered the room.

"Yeah" I chuckle. "But don't worry, tell me what's up?"

"Well this morning my dad's estate attorney went to Thistlehouse. And this afternoon, he is going to read his will in front of people. So first, I hope you can come with me and then do you know something about the wills?" She seems confused.

"I'll be there and don't worry I'll tell you all you need to know."

"And also... I was thinking about emancipation, can you teach me things about it?" I nod even if I'm surprised but if it is what she wants then I'll go for it.

We spend the morning learning things about wills and emancipation. Then we dress and go to Thistlehouse.

(A/N : Your outfit.)

Everything was going well, Nana Rose received Thistlehouse, Penelope received Thornhill and everyone who can prove they have Blossom blood received a chance to earn something.

But then Alice Cooper entered the room and started to argue with Hal... those two. I laugh at them because it is childish but I needed that since the atmosphere was heavy.

Sure thing Alice insulting the Blossoms wasn't cool but she put Penenlope back at her place which was awesome.

Now it's Cheryl turn and she decides to say some words. She surprisingly asks for peace in her family but then a man who looks exactly like her father enters the room.

I knew Clifford had a twin but wow they do look very alike. I hear a huge sound coming from Cheryl and she falls on the ground.

I go to her and take care of her, placing her on a couch and making sure she needs anything.

When everyone left, it was just Claudius, Penelope and I.

"So you are Hiram's daughter, the one we could have to work with." He says.

"If you say so..." I whisper.

"I see you care about Cheryl, she is lucky to have someone as clever as you." He continues.

"Thank you sir but what is with the compliments?"

"Nothing, just trying to get to know you." He smiles.

"Don't lose your time with her Claudius, she is better than her father, you will lose the game." Say Penelope behind us.

"You know something about that, don't you?" I fake a smile to her.

"Be careful little girl, things can change." She coldly says.

I chuckle and leave the house letting a secret word to Cheryl.

This night

After trying to comfort Ronnie about all this Fred running for Mayor case and the Archie questionnable loyalty thing, I make my way to Thistlehouse where Cheryl organizes a dinner with her uncle, mother, grandma, Toni and I.

Toni and I decided to be there since it could be tensed between the family. But surprisingly, Claudius seems cool, he jokes around talking about Lésbos and his trips there.

At the end of the night, just before we start to eat the desserts, my dad calls me. It seems like Jughead Jones is closer than ever.

Knowing him, I should tell everything to Cheryl so I decide to invite her to my house for the night. She accepts so we leave Thistlehouse, drop off Toni at the Sunnyside Trailer Park and then go to the Pembrooke.

Once we are in my room, she feels something is off.

"Tell me what's wrong...." She caresses my cheek softly.

"I guess it's time to talk about business." I say.

I expose her the situation, the prison my dad wants to build, the SoDale logements, Pop's, Jughead's investigation. I don't tell her about the Whyte Wyrm or the Blossoms being in the business because I need to know how she feels about all of this already. Of course I don't tell her I am the brain behind the project so I can see her real reaction.

"Your dad is a devil genius. How did he find this idea? I mean people in Riverdale will never allow that but with the Black Hood and my brother's death I think they can change their mind." She says thoughtful. "Just wonder how a lonely man can think about all of this..."

"What do you mean?"

"I know Ronnie doesn't know everything and you clearly dominate the subject... so it's pretty obvious huh? I don't care about what you chose to hide from me in this story, but I just want to know, how deep are you implicated in this project?"

"Surely too much my love...." I whisper.

My answer seems to be enough since Cheryl decides to lay down next to me, putting her head on my chest and caressing my arm.

"I'll help you go through this, no matter what." She says.

I kiss her forehead and we fall asleep.

The next day

Dad reunited the Andrews and us in the living room, I told him Cheryl should be there too and he agreed. He exposed the project to all of us and he avoided my contribution so nor Ronnie nor the Andrews will suspect me from being the baddest Lodge. After that, Fred told us he will not run for mayor knowing our project.

Of course he will not. But can you blame him? Making the town you know and love turn to a prison where some mafia guy can do his business easily... I will not run for that too.

Later that week

Things have been stressful lately. Since mom is running for mayor, Fred is refusing to work with us, Ronnie fought with Reggie and is now running for council president or I don't know what, Cheryl who makes me sleep at Thistlehouse every nights because she believes her mom and uncle want to kill Nana Rose then her and obviously my dad pressuring me to see if Toni, aka one of my best friend, could not be a way of destruction.

Let's just say, I've lived funnier times.

Moreover, today is a bit special, I have to find a way to have the Whyte Wyrm but for that I need time, darkness and silence which means I can't stay at Thistlehouse tonight.

"No please, come at my house tonight I don't want to be alone and I can't let Nana alone!" Almost cry Cheryl.

"Babe I really can't... but you should ask the girls to come over like do a sleepover or something. It's just for one night okay?" I hug her.

"What if something happens when you're gone?" She asks.

"Then we will know who they are afraid of and I'll beat their asses up." I answer.

And yes, this night the girls were having a sleepover. A sleepover which ended with a terrifying thing, Nana Rose nearly dead in the stairs...

Finally Cheryl was right. Maybe she is next...