One Step Closer

(A/N : this is what you wear to go on the mission with V. Just add a little jacket if you think it's not enough)

As we arrive in front of the school, I hear Kevin rhapsodizing about my outfit, of course he saw it. What a man! I love the fact he sees everything. I smile brightly at him and he continues to check me out.

"I thought you were gay as fuck Keller." I laugh.

"Hell yeah but you are really turning me on right now. Where did you have this outfit?"

"That's for me to know little boy." I wink.

"Perfect, Can we move on now?" Ask Betty.

"Sure thing captain Betty." I smile and wait for my sister to go ahead. "Good job. You found something interesting, you're a good investigator Cooper." I whisper.

"Thanks Jade. It means a lot and Reggie was right about Ethel and the others. You'll thank him for me right?"

"Of course my dear. But not a word to V."

"Sure thing." The blond girl says joining V in front of everyone.

In the school

"Football players behaving badly? What else is new."

As I stay with Kevin and Ethel behind Betty and my sister (Trev didn't make it finally), she starts to ramble about boys.

"Just how depraved is this town?" She asks.

"Color me impressed." A voice says behind us.

I jump and quickly turn around. Cheryl. Of course. Always there when she shouldn't but well she looks sexy like this.

"J, B and V with E and G." Start the Blossom girl. "What would your holly roller mother say about this Betty?" Cheryl says with a fake pout.

"What are you doing here Cheryl?" Reply Betty surprised to see the girl in the school at this time of the day.

"And where did you get those thigh-high boots?" Ask Kevin. "They're amazing."

"She's amazing..." I whisper looking at the redhaired girl.

"Trev told Valerie, who told Josie, who told Ginger, who told Tina, who told me." She starts walking up to us. "And I thought I would help out." She smiles. "You look hot Jade." She smirks checking me out.

"Tell me something I don't know darling." I wink back at her making Veronica elbowed me.

"Help? Or derail our investigation?" Ask Betty not pleased by Cheryl's presence.

"Get over yourself Betty" Cheryl puts the light in Betty's face.

"Hey guys, get in here" Interrupt Ethel with a book in her hands.

Holy shit, Trev and Reggie were right and those bastards didn't even try to hide that book. We quickly look at the names, Chuck, V, Polly, Reggie and Jason... I knew about Reg, he told me about that book and about his score but Jason... Jason wasn't supposed to be there, not after what Cheryl told me about him.

"I'm so sorry Betty" say V making me come back to reality.

"This isn't... Jason wouldn't..." Cheryl comments sadly.

"It's right there Cheryl. Your brother hurt my sister. This is what guys like Jason and Chuck think about women. We are objects for them to abuse. And when they are done with us, they shame us into silent. They have zero remorse for the lives they destroy." Betty is right but I can see how hurtful it is for Cheryl.

"Maybe I don't know Jason...." Cheryl closes the light and V takes a picture of the book to show Mr Weatherbee.

Betty starts to plan a revenge or something and tries to make Cheryl a part of it. I will not allow this, V and B have a good reason and if Betty has a plan then cool. But it's not what Cheryl needs now.

Seeing my sister going back home with Betty and Kevin, I decide to stay a bit with Cheryl.

"You're good?" I ask sweetly.

"Do you think I am?" She spits. "My brother was a jerk!" She starts to cry.

"He was not. Not as much as Chuck at least." I hold her in my arms.

"You didn't know him!"

"True. But Reggie told me about him, he was nice and sweet. People loved your brother Cheryl. He was a good guy." I try to confort her.

"You... You think so?" I dry her tears softly.

"I do." I warmly hug her.

"Thanks Jade... it means so much to me, you being here, comforting me." She gets away from the hug.

"Don't worry, I told you I'll never let you down right?" I smile.

"Yeah... By the way, why did you even put that sexy outfit on you?"

"Makes me feel like a sexy and dangerous mafia girl." I take a dangerous look and end up laughing along with the Blossom girl.

This is the moment when Cheryl decides to make the move that will change everything... She looks at me and before I can realize what is happening, her lips are on mine. To say I'm surprised is an euphemism. I take some time before responding but end up kissing her too.

We make out for a while but when we break away, she apologizes and runs to her car leaving me alone in the middle of the parking lot. Just great.