New Start New Problems

I wake up after the Jubilee night and find my mum with a bad headache in the living room. I bring her some medicine and we chitchat a bit about dad and Fred situation.

Suddenly, Ronnie comes in the room with a glass of mimosa and a chocolate almond croissant. The fuck V? I chuckle at her but mum is pissed.

"Okay that was a bottle of Cristal for your father."

Her phone rings. Betty is calling her and it seems important.

"Jade, mum, we have to go. It's Fred."

We all rush to our room and get ready (A/N : outfit in the description) then we leave.

Once we arrive to the hospital, the Coopers and Jughead are here too. We find Archie in the waiting room covered in blood. Poor guy.

As the day goes, we propose to Archie to go home and take a shower. I volunteer to stay with Kevin and Betty so I can warn Ronnie if anything happens.

After chatting about Jug and Betty relationship, Kevin tells her to be careful since Jughead is a Serpent now apparently.

"What the hell?" Say Kevin.

I look at what he is looking and I see my girlfriend walking confidently in the hall just behind someone in a stretcher. I stand up and go to her.

"Cheryl?" Ask Betty but she doesn't respond.

"Babe! Hold on!" She turns around.

"What's going on? Is that your mother? What happened?" Betty asks.

"Oh. Haven't you heard? There was a terrible fire at Thornhill last night. I might I've perished if not for Mommy's heroics."

"Oh my god, is this the apocalypse?" Kevin wonders.

I stay silent because I know something is off.

"After my... ordeal at Sweetwater River, I was asleep when the fire started. They think it was a breeze knocking over a lit candle in the curtains."

I zone out during her explanations. I'm practically sure this wasn't an accident. Was that Cheryl's brillant idea? Burning Thornhill and her mother? Oh god. Purification by fire...

"What are you three doing here?" She asks and judging by Betty and Kevin looks, the explanations weren't cool.

"I've got this." I tell them and take my girlfriend apart.

"What's up?" She asks innocently.

"Well first of all, Fred Andrews has been shot.."

"What? But when?"

"This morning, Archie drove him here and he is still in surgery..."

"Oh my god" she hugs me. "I feel terrible now."

"You don't have to but are you ok?" I look at her with concern.

"Yes don't worry." She smiles a bit.

"Babe. Was that your brillant idea from last night?" I whisper.

"Well" She looks down.

"Oh my god Cheryl, you could have been hurt too what the fuck?!"

"Are you only worried about me? Don't you think I'm crazy or something?" She asks surprised.

"I already know you're crazy" I tease. "But for real yes you're all I'm concerned about. Your mum kind of deserves it anyway."

"You're so much of a Lodge babe..." she caresses my cheek. "I'm good I promise."

I kiss her and we go to her mum's room.

Two hours later

I come home only to find mum on the couch a drink in hand.

"What's up?" I ask.

"Your sister thinks I planned Fred's attack. That I'm your father eyes and ears and that I'm calling the shots." She explains.

"Well She is not that wrong right? That's the kind of things we are doing mum." I sit next to her.

"But not this time baby."

"Oh I know mum, I check that out already. Just to make sure."

"You thought I could do something like that to Fred?" She seems disappointed.

"Not you mum. But dad maybe." I take her hand. "You will have to be strong mum, once dad will be here, Ronnie is going to be harsher, on you, on him and even on me. But we are prepared aren't we?"

"Yes we are. I'm so lucky to have a daughter like you.. your dad has to be proud of you." She hugs me.

"I wish he is." I whisper. "I'm going back to the hospital mum, what time dad will be there?" I ask.

"6 pm. Be there before your sister, understood?"

"Yes ma'am." I kiss her temple and leave.

After staying with Archie, Cheryl and the others all the afternoon, I have to go home. Once I walk into the Pembrooke, I feel something has changed. The atmosphere is not the same anymore. Dad is home.

I enter the living room and see him talking to mum.

"Dad..." I whisper and he turns around.

"Mija.." he opens his arms and I go to hug him.

"I missed you so much daddy..." I whisper against his shoulder.

"I'm proud of you mija, you did more than I've ever expected you to do. You're a brillant and clever woman. You're definitely a Lodge." He whispers back in my ear.

"When did you come home?" I ask.

"Two minutes ago. Where is your sister?" His face hardened.

"Still with her friends, she is going to be there soon."

"Alright."

I don't really like this expression in his face but I'm glad he is here. I text Ronnie so she comes home quickly but when she arrives, dad decides to play the cruel man.

"I came early to surprise you. And imagine my surprise when you weren't there to greet me." He speaks slowly.

"And she drank your Cristal." Add mum.

"So disrespectful." Dad says.

Oh those two together..... poor Ronnie.

"Not like you at all, mija."

"I've changed, you have no idea. Right Jade?" I nod. "Question is, have you?"

"Not so much that I still don't want a kiss hello from my daughter."

Oh I missed him. Ronnie walks to him and kiss his cheek awkwardly.

"By the way, in case either of you were wondering, M. Andrews woke up." She smirks. "He's going to make it. I know we're all really happy about that." She exits the room.

"I've got this." I whisper and follow my sister.

She is about to start a war.