Apologizes And Warnings

It's been three days since Cheryl and I took a break but it's the first time we are going back to school so I'm a bit nervous.

This morning, I see Archie and Ronnie taking their breakfast in the living room so I sit with them.

"Are you back with Cheryl?" My sister asks.

"Not yet. I still want to wait some time...." I smile sadly.

"Why? You miss her just go to her and tell her."

"It's not that easy Ronnie. I'll wait until next week and if nothing changed in my heart I'll talk to her." I explain.

"You will not manage to spend the weekend without her." Laugh Archie.

"Talking about weekends" say dad entering the room. "You guys are going on a weekend at the lake house."

"Really? That's awesome!" Ronnie excitedly says.

They talk about inviting Jug and Betty which I agree with so Jug could not make things worse. I decline the offer since I am single but I wish them a nice trip.

If my father thought he could get rid off me this easily....

I am leaving my room to go to school when my parents call me. I join them in the study and sit in front of them.

"Mija." Start my dad. "We heard you and we wanted to apologize."

"We know we didn't really think about the consequences of our acts and we didn't see how badly it will impact your work." Explain my mom.

"Not only my work mom. My friendships, my love relationship and my sisters' relationship." I fake a smile.

"Listen." Dad starts again. "We know it's hard but we're almost done okay? After today no more worried New Yorkers will be there to stress us out and we will sign the contract for the Sunnyside Trailer Park officially so it will just leave us the Whyte Wyrm."

"This is the hardest part Dad. It will not be easy mainly when Jug is running all around the town searching for something against you."

"We are safe he will not find out, I swear to you." Dad says.

"If you say so... but be careful, he is spending a lot of time near us and at Pop's, something can slip up...."

"You should take a break from this, honey." Mom tells me. "Relax a bit and come back when you're better."

I raise my eyebrow. Does she want me to let them alone in the business? If only she knew how daddy puts swords upon her head.... but she is right I need a break.

"Fine but do it again and I'll do what I think is right."

I smirk and leave the Pembrooke. Once I arrive at school, Toni tells me Cheryl was acting weird and that she said to Jug that Betty and Archie kissed on Christmas Day.

Oh no Cheryl...

Then she encourages me to invite Cheryl to the movie tonight and I guess she is right. When I see Cheryl I walk to her.

"Can we talk?" She nods but doesn't move. "In private..."

"Oh sure." She fakes a smile and leads me to the locker room. "Here. Alone."

"Okay... well I know I've been weird and dumb lately. But I needed to think for a while, what's going on with my father right now is driving me crazy and somehow I am scared of hurting you by desperately trying to keep you away from it."

"That's why you hurt me?" She chuckles.

"I didn't mean too, hurting you is the last thing I want and i need you to be truly happy..." she looks unimpressed. "I know it might seem bold considering what I asked you last time but I want to be with you again. I can't face it without you. I don't except you to be okay with it right now but just think about it, okay?"