The Business Night

We are in our hotel, Cheryl is taking a nap and I am trying to figure out how to help my family. Making people come to defend us is not the greatest idea. Violence for violence that's my dad's ways not mines...

But what could possibly do the trick? How can we be sure no one will come after us anymore? Of course Dad will frighten Lenny and Carl tonight but what if it's not enough...

As I am thinking, my phone buzzes.

Incoming Call : Baby Sist' 😇💫

"Ronnie! What's up baby?" I say happy to hear her voice. "Is everything okay in Riverdale?"

"Yeah don't worry about it..." she quickly answers. "Actually it's more about me, about the way people are seeing me..."

"What happened?"

"We were rehearsing for the Carrie musical and Betty told me those horrible things about how close to my character I am..."

"Let me guess, you're playing Chris, aren't you?" I chuckle.

"Yeah... why do you chuckle? I'm sad Jade. I don't want to be the rich spoiled girl with major daddy issues everyone hates." I can feel her tear up.

"Okay don't even think about crying." I try to comfort her. "You know what it's time for lesson number 2."

"Okay..." she sighs.

"So lesson 2 : don't feel bad about yourself. You will do things you aren't proud of, you will say things which will hurt the ones you love, you will have to face your friends going after you because of what you did or said. But we are all human and if your friends can't see how pressured you are with your family and if they don't understand the way you act then they are not your friends Ronnie. Try to apologize if you feel like it is the thing to do but don't excuse you to be yourself. Ever."

"So I try to apologize to Betty and I see if she understands?" She sums up.

"That's the idea." I chuckle.

"Thanks Jade, I'll do it."

"Oh and don't worry about that Chris thing, you're five times richer than her. It can compensate." I laugh.

"Shut up J. It's not a time to laugh." She laughs too.

"That's the sound I wanted to hear. Take care of you V. I'll be there soon." I say lovingly.

"On time for the show?" She asks.

"I'll try." I answer.

"Perfect. Love you." She says.

"Love you." I hang up.

I look back at my phone and smile. Then I feel a hand caressing my shoulder softly and a pair of arm sliding around my neck from behind.

"I hope this call was from Veronica or I'll be very jealous." Cheryl whispers in my ear.

"Of course it was, my love." I chuckle and she kisses my cheek.

"Found a solution?" She asks looking at the paper in front of me.

"Nope. Well yes but not the one I wanted."