Talk And Surprise

(A/N : your outfit)

Monday mornings are the worst mainly when you just spent your weekend in NY enjoying yourself with your friends... Anyway, today I'm back to school and I have a talk planned.

Once I arrive, I see a smiling Reggie coming my way with a weird walk. I laugh at this spectacle and greet him.

"So what makes you happy gorgeous?" I ask.

"Well, the coach named me captain of the team, Andrews helped but I don't care I'm in charge now." He smiles.

"Wow awesome I told you you will manage" I hand check him.

"You should come to my first training as captain..." he looks at the floor.

"Will it makes you happier?"

"For sure." He smirks.

"Then I'll be there, for you." I smile and we start walking though the hall.

We stop at our locker and I put some of my stuff in it. But when I close it, a ginger girl is standing next to me.

"Talk, after my cheerleading practice." Cheryl commands.

Alright. Guess we'll do that then...

At lunch this day

"Hey V! Do you want to go to Andrews Construction to see mum on her first day?" I ask my sister.

"Oh yeah great idea, let's stop at Pop's she will love that." Jumps my sister.

During the drive I tell my sister about my NY trip and she tells me about Jason's memorial, Betty's sister being in some weird place and mum being attacked by a snake at Pop's...

Riverdale is crazy for real like even NY is not as crazy as this place.

Anyway I park near the construction site and we walk to where mum has to be. But when we arrive, we stop in shock... mum is kissing Fred Andrews what the hell? What about dad? What about our plan? What about V who doesn't know about the plan?

I look at my sister and her world seems to fall apart. I take her in my arms and we go back to the Pembrooke. We eat and I take care of her before returning to school V for her training and me for Reggie's training and my talk with Cheryl.

"Come on Reg!" I encourage my best friend.

He seems to be everywhere, no one can pass him, he manages tackle on tackle and his trainer can't stop congratulating him.

As he ends his training, he runs to me and asks me a complete debrief, I tell him all I honestly think and he seems to take notes on his head. He wants me to give him advice and everything which is super cute because it means he cares about what I think.

He goes to the shower so I go to the cheerleading practice. I look at V and she is enjoying it. I smile widely when she spots me and makes a sign followed by Betty.

When they finish they run to me and we chitchat for a while before they leave, letting me alone with Cheryl.

"So? You wanted to talk?" I say quite harshly.

"Well yeah" she looks down and seems shy.

"I listen."

"Okay.. so I'm sorry for running away after I kissed you." I nod but don't speak. "I'm also sorry because of the way I behave towards your mother and sister and I'm sorry for treating you like shit when you were nothing but supportive to me."

"I accept your apologies, I appreciate it really. I didn't think you will be mature enough to do it so thanks." She smiles a bit. "Also I'm sorry, for everything you are going through with your family. You don't deserve it."

She tears up but tries to cover it up. Then she walks to me and hugs me.

"I'm so sorry..." She sobs on my shoulder.

"It's okay Cheryl... let it go..."

"I'm so afraid... I need you Jade... please don't leave me alone.." she continues to cry while I rub her back gently.

"Shh it's okay, I'm here, it's going to be okay..." I whisper softly.

When she stops to cry we decide to be friends again and that from now we will be nice to each other. I drop her off at Thornhill and go back home.

When I enter the living room I hear V and mum fighting over the kiss we saw earlier.

"So what? Are you getting a divorce from dad?" Yell V.

"What?" I say shocked.

"Jade.. Oh my god no, not at all, it's not like that." Mum says.

"What is it then?" Ask V.

"I don't know, it's the first time I kiss Fred anyway."

"Will you stay with him when dad goes out?" I wonder suspiciously.

She doesn't respond.

"Care to answer?" I sass.

"I don't have an answer right now..."

"Awesome. Good night then." I go to my bedroom followed by V.

I close my door firmly after V sits on my bed. She always has been the little baby of the family, I really want to protect her from the hard and cold reality but it's so hard since this summer... I always have been close to my dad, following him everywhere, trying to be like him and honestly he loved that. V has a huge place in his heart because she is his little girl but I'm more like him and he admires it.

Mum is important to both of us but V doesn't know her like I do. She is a badass mafia boss, she has more power than any man I know in this business but since we are here she seems to break down in a soft and helpless woman. I know it's a part of our plan but I can't wait for dad to come home.

I look at V and she breaks down in tears. I lay down next to her and we cuddle until she falls asleep. I hope things will be better soon.