The Black Hood Effect

"Mija?" I hear my dad from the living room.

"Yes dad? What's up?" I ask.

"Can you, please, convince your sister to come dinner with us soon?" He seems bothered by this situation.

"I can help but you know, you should explain some things to her first... like the frightening letter. She used to defend you against everyone but with this letter, she thinks they were right about you dad." I say calmly.

"Can't you tell her it's not like that?" He asks.

"Sorry dad but this time it's between you and her. I bring her home, you apologize. I can't do much." I kiss his cheek and leave to go to school.

On my way, I pick up Cheryl who seems better than ever. I don't understand how this is even possible since her brother and dad just died and her mother is deeply injured... in fact I totally understand why she feels free.

"So did you hear about Pop's?" She asks with a frown when we arrive to the school.

"Not since Fred Andrews was shot why?"

"Someone tagged the restaurant saying "Death Dinner" or something. I think it's a Black Hood Effect. It's horrible but this place makes me shiver now." She sadly looks at the ground.

"Come on babe, it's going to be better soon..." I say.

"How can you know?"

"I heard V, she is planning something with Betty. Maybe you can help?" I tell her.

"I'll let her come to me. If she needs me, she will have to ask." She puts a bright smile on her face.

"Such a baby" I laugh and I give her a sweet kiss.

"Yeah but I'm your baby." She kisses me too.

I put my hands around her waist and she puts her arms around my neck.

"Get it Jade!" Yell a childish Reggie.

"Fuck off Reggie!" Cheryl yells back.

I laugh at them and go after my best friend since I have to ask him something. Once I spot him, I hear him talking to Moose's girlfriend.

"What do you know about Jingle-Jangle?"

Oh no Reg not Jingle-Jangle... I know what it is and I know who is dealing with it. Ghoulies... they are bad news.

"Jingle Jangle really?" I look at him unimpressed once Midge is gone.

"Oh come on it's nothing, I earn some money and there is no bad effect on the people. It's cool." He says.

"You shouldn't deal with the Ghoulies." I tell him.

"How can you even know about them?" He seems surprised.

"Remember I know everything." I smile and he chuckles.

"I'll remember but for the moment Andrews seems lost so I'll help him."

I look over Archie and he is standing in front of the counselor office's door. Weird. I'll have to ask V about it.

Talking about V, I see her outside with dad... I came to apologize I hope. Once they are done, I go to see her.

"Did he apologize?" I ask my sister.

"No he didn't. Why should he apologize anyway? You know him better than I do no?" She sasses.

"Okay... well I'm sorry it's not going in the way you want V but I was just here to check on you not to argue over dad so... bye." I start to leave.