The Start Of Something New

I park in front of the school and wait for Cheryl to come. When she arrives, she starts to ramble about Polly Cooper escaping from some sisters' place. She starts to plan how to announce that to her mother so she can take back her cheerleading spot.

I listen to her for five minutes straight before she finally shuts up.

"And you don't say anything?" She asks.

"Well no and you're not going to talk about it either. I'm here to have a good time not to plan some revenge on someone I don't know." I say exhausted.

"She hurt Jason. She needs to pay."

"Jason hurt her too and you know it. The truth is we don't know the truth about what happened between them so until they find Polly, you're going to spend some quality time with me." I look at her with a serious look.

"Yes ma'am!" She seems surprised but smiles and kisses my cheek.

"Awesome. Let's go, shall we?" I playfully say.

She nods and I drive to the beautiful place. In fact, it's more like a secret spot near the Sweetwater River. There is a little cliff where you can go to hang out with your friends or something. And there is a hole where you can swim, it's called the Sweetwater Swimming Hole.

We take some time to enjoy the place and then I strip off feeling Cheryl's eyes on me.

"Like what you see Blossom?" I smirk.

"I... well...yes I do" She smiles shyly eyeing me.

"Care to join then?" I extend my hand.

"Of course." She strips off too and we jump in the water.

After a small talk which degenerates in a playful fight, I hold Cheryl in my arms.

"I'm so glad we're good again." She whispers putting her arms around my neck.

"Yeah me too but can you promise me something?" I ask looking straight in her eyes.

"Yes tell me what is it?" She worries.

"Promise me you will not runaway if I kiss you right now." I state.

"I promise..." she quietly says closing her eyes.

I lean in and brush her nose with mine to tease her a bit.

"Please..." She whispers.

I don't want to wait anymore so I kiss her softly and kindly. That might be one of the best kisses I've had, it seems like we both needed it since a looong time.

After making out, we decide to leave and I drop her off. We agree on not telling people about us for the moment so it's cool. I don't want her to feel pressure and I need to be free so it's perfect.

The next day

I'm at home writing a letter to my father to explain which places are the best in the Southside when my phones buzzes.

Cheryl 😍💋 : They found her. She's pregnant. It's Jason's baby.... what can I do?

Me : Do you want me to pick you up so we can go to Pop's? We'll talk about everything there.

Cheryl 😍💋 : YES. Please.

Me : I'm here in 10 minutes.

Cheryl 😍💋 : You're the best.

I smile and close the enveloppe where I put my letter in. When I see Smithers, I ask him if he can give it to Paul and he nods. Then I pick up Cheryl and we head to Pop's.

We sit and command our milkshakes.

"So? What can I do?" She asks.

"I mean... what do you want? Do you want to be a part of it or no?"

"Yes of course I want to be a part of it, it is my brother's baby!"

"Then, go and talk with Betty. She is a smart girl she'll see you genuinely care about it."

"What if she doesn't?"

"Look at me." I take her hand. "You loved Jason more than anyone, you wanted to be there for his baby is not that a crazy idea and Betty will know it." I caress her hand gently.

"Thank you" She kisses me before remembering where we are. "Shit I forgot about that..."

"Don't worry" I smile "we can handle it".

Later that week

Incoming call : Reggie Buddy 🔥✨

"Hey, I think you should come with us at this club, your sister is going crazy." I hear my best friend shout in the phone.

"The hell? Okay send me your location, I'll be there." I say and hung up.

I quickly make my way to the club and spot my friends and sister in the VIP area talking with a barman.

"Sorry Miss Lodge but your card has been declined" he says.

"Oh really? Let me guess it was reported stolen." Smirk V.

She definitely knows mum will do it.

"We're supposed to call the cops." Continue the barman.

"Oh yeah sure" I say coming from behind. "You can call the police so I can explain them you're giving alcohol to underaged people." He looks at me in disbelief.

"Or I can call my mum, the mayor." Says Josie pretty drunk.

"Anyway" He turns to me. "This should cover." I give him money. "Now let's go." I say to my friends.

"Veronica? Did your mum cut you off?" Ask Kevin.

"She did." Say a proud Veronica.

"Is that a good thing?" Reggie looks at me.

"Oh Reggie" laugh V.

"This is how we, Lodge women, roll. We feign, we parry, we approach, we retreat, we are like cobra and mangouste dancing." I explain confidently.

"She blinked, which means I suspect that Hermione Lodge is ready to negotiate." Continue Veronica smiling at me.

"Well done baby sist' you're a quick learner." I side hug her and we leave the club.

I drop everyone off and we go home. Before we enter the living room, I stop V.

"Have a nice first negotiation talk with mum V. Enjoy it, it'll make you a real Lodge woman." I kiss her temple and go to my room.

My little sister is starting a new area of the Lodge company.