Time To Act

I decide to skip the student council president debate that makes place today. Cheryl and I are hanging out at the Pembrooke since the visits are over at the hospital.

I am sitting against the couch in front the fireplace, with Cheryl between my legs, relaxing softly.

"I think I really want to get emancipated." Cheryl says.

"Well you should ask to Sierra McCoy some help, she is a lawyer, she might help you better than I do." I say caressing her arm.

"Do you think mother will be sad?" She asks.

"I don't know, whether she will finally acknowledge she loves you and she will be sad or she will just remain the sad bitch she is and she will just be the same." I think.

"I should be mad at you for calling my mom a bitch but I can't even deny it..." she sighs.

I play with her hairs and put them on the side of her neck.

"You should find something to distract you from all this story." I say kissing her neck gently.

"Hm" she moans softly. "Like what?" She whispers.

"I can think of many things." I chuckle.

"I would love to know them." She turns her head and kisses me.

Just when things were starting to heat up, the bells rings and Andre calls me worriedly.

"Miss Jade... we have some unexpected guests..."

I say to Cheryl to go in my bedroom and not to move because we never know who can come here.

I go to the entrance and see Lenny and Carl.

"Lenny. Carl. We didn't expect you." I say politely.

"Oh we know. But we need to talk to your father." They smile at me.

"About?" I chuckle nervously.

"This whole Mayor campaign thing." Carl explains.

"What are you thinking about it Jade?" Ask Lenny. "I know your mother running for mayor wasn't in your plan."

"And we all know who is the brain behind your father's project." Carl smirks.

"You're not here to talk to my father, aren't you?" I raise my eyebrow.

"It's just a part of our visit yes indeed. So answer, should we forced your father to make us participate at this project?"

"If you want to know Riverdale's angriness then yes. People aren't fond of my father's idea." I fake a smile.

"I guess we are ready to risk it." They smile.

"Then go for it." I simply say. "Dad should be home soon enough, you can wait here if you want to."

I go back to my room thinking of what they said.

At school this week

"I can't believe you lost against Archie in a game like this..." I laugh at Reggie.

"Thanks for the support best friend." He growls.

"Oh don't be sad little Mantle." I play with his cheek.

"Jade?! Cheryl told me you wanted to talk to me?" Josie says.

"Me? Really?" I frown.

"Yeah something to do with my mom and some help?"

Oh I get it. She wants me to keep talking to her best friend even if she humiliated my sister.

"Oh yeah.. actually it's for her but I maybe know more things on the subject so... Do you think your mother could accept to help Cheryl?" I ask.

"Yes I am sure she will be happy to. And it might be a way for me to obtain your pardon..." She looks at the floor.

"It's okay Josie, just don't do it again. You're Cheryl's best friend and I'm her girlfriend so it's better if we get along, don't you think?"

"Exactly! Thank you! See you later Jade!" She happily leaves.

This night

I walk back to my home after spending the evening at Thistlehouse. I see Archie and Ronnie talking in front of the front door.

"Hey guys, why are you waiting outside?" I Chuckle.

"We just arrived" Smile Archie while opening the door. "After you ladies."

We smile and enter but then I see Andre being beat up by a black hooded man. I run to him and the guy runs outside followed by Archie. I take Andre hand yelling to Ronnie to call for help.

"Come on big man! Don't leave us now!" I tell him.

"Miss Jade... it was a pleasure..." he whispers.

"Oh shut up you idiot, you're going to live, keep breathing and soon you'll be out here beating asses up!" I chuckle while tears roll down my face.

"It's Adams...." he finally says.

"They are here! They're going to save you Andre!" Yell Ronnie waiting outside.

The night was long. I was at the hospital waiting for news and after hearing from the doctor that Andre was going to be okay, I came back home.

Cheryl went with me at the hospital so she is here with me now as we enter the living room. Ronnie, Archie and my parents are already around the table in a deep silence.

I sit in front of my father with Cheryl next to my mom.

"With Adams a turncoat and Andre in the hospital, we are unprotected." Dad says.

"I'll keep watch. I did it for my dad, I'll do it for you." Archie proposes.

"That's selfless. But, alas, it's a short-term solution to a long term problem." Dad keeps thinking.

"So what do we do?" Ask Ronnie.

Dad exposes the plan for Ronnie, Archie and Mom.

"And long term? What's the plan?" Mom Asks.

"Long term..." Dad is speechless. "I have no idea."

He seems really worried but I have an idea.

"Long term. I'll find a solution." I say and everyone turns to me shocked. "Tomorrow I'll leave for Montreal. I know people who can help. Dad you have to take care of Lenny and Carl so I'll go there with Cheryl. Is that okay with you babe?"

She takes my hand and squeezes it softly.

"Absolutely." She smiles a little bit.

"Fine mija. I trust you, be careful and erase my mistakes as always." I nod.

Ronnie and Archie look at me weirdly but it's not the time to pretend to be shocked, it's time to act.